Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did Jack ZERO today except plan out a few things. The brakes on the car were a necessity, the water pump can wait until I set up the inside of my garage so that I can work in there at night.

Mass junk removal, organization, and a large bug zapper. Once the shop is ready, I can go in after dark and tinker away until the sun comes up in relative cool (but without getting torn up by mosquitos)

One of these days it will have a heater and air conditioner but for now it is what it is...
    Last edited by Greywolf; 08-09-2016, 06:34 PM.
    Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

• Anyone fit their Festys in the bed of someone's truck yet? Haha unreal

Comment

• Yes but I do not have pics, I have a 95 Dodge Cummins pick up with a full sized box, I built stands to put at the front of the box for the front wheels to sit on and the rear wheels were 50/50 on the edge of the tail gate. Good luck if you do this and yes it can be done.
        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• Got my Historic plate in the mail and put it on my Festy.

Originally posted by Brianliska View Post
          Anyone fit their Festys in the bed of someone's truck yet? Haha unreal

Obligatory now when this is mentioned.
          Last edited by TorqueEffect; 08-09-2016, 08:35 PM.
          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• They are historic vehicles

Comment

• Changed the oil and advanced the timing on my B6T car. The timing change produced some very big grins!!!! Turns out i had it too close to TDC and I think there's still some room for adjustment 😊
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada
              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Started looking at where to run Nitrous lines, the kit I have is a used Wet setup so the lines from the solenoids to the nozzle aren't the longest. I'm pretty sure that I will run the line up the right hand side of the car and mount the Solenoids somewhere at the bottom near the bumper bar and then run the nozzle through the bottom of the stock intake tube near the filter box. Now for the question of the easiest way to tap into the fuel line and where to put the purge solenoid.
                "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                sigpic
                "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

• Ol steev got some updates

20160809_183857.jpg
                  1991 Beastiva L BP autoX'er

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatch View Post
                    Ol steev got some updates

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19889[/ATTACH]
                    What is that sitting on top of your dash?
                    sigpic
                    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

Comment

• Rear Breaks and wheel bearings.
                      When checked breaks, the wheel bearing seals on both sides leaked. Backing plate had lots of WB grease splattered everywhere. Removed backing plates to clean everything, fresh coat of black heat/exhaust manifold paint for backing plates.

General clean off dust and mud residue under real wheel arches, remove plastic mud flaps etc, blow out dust.

No rust. All good.

Comment

• Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
                        What is that sitting on top of your dash?
                        Haha that's the old "stereo" a Bluetooth speaker
                        1991 Beastiva L BP autoX'er

Comment

• Oh okay, I use the same thing for now but my speaker is mostly round so I just let it sit in the glove box with a charger attached. That will all change soon though, I ordered a new Pioneer MVH-X560BT Head Unit. It isn't a CD Player but a Digital Media Receiver so it is a little shorter but has 6 Outputs on the back for easy subwoofer installation.

Also after struggling to find tires in the size that I wanted, I finally found some at Simpletires.com that should be in today. Ended up going with what Charlie recommended, 165/55/14s. Hope to get them mounted this weekend.
                          Last edited by firebush357; 08-11-2016, 05:50 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Took out the AC Evaporator last night and then ran the nitrous line through the firewall. Decided that I will have to make a bracket to mount the Solenoids to the Firewall but I did get to install the purge lines though.

I found a Bonus behind the dash... A full unopened pack of Doral Full Flavors, if it is as old as the registration renewal paperwork next to it then they may be around 17 years old lol.
                            sigpic

Comment

• While replacing the PCV valve on the B6T I removed the hose to the IAC valve to make things easier to get to. Discovered that the outlet had a plug in it and I have no idea how it got there😮! Thankful it didn't get sucked through the throttle body...

Ian
                              Calgary AB, Canada
                              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Finally got the new tires for the wheels I bought a while back. I ended up with the 165/55/14 like charlie had recommended. I only got to ride down to the store and back but I can tell there is a big difference in the handling. I have a good bit of vibration/wobble but I think that is from the Hub Bore not matching. Would the best way to fix be to just upgrade to Lug Studs?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X