Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crank seal and engine bay cleaning. OFFICIALLY LEAK FREE FESTIVA!!!!

I also replaced a rear bearing and tightened the rest.... so much quieter in the back now.

But now I think the alternator is on it's way out. Dims and flickers and brings the engine idle with it, not to mention now sends a buzzing frequency to the radio. (battery powered radio, not even connected to the car)
    Buck.
    -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
    -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
    -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Had something happen last night that hasn't happened to me in a couple years... The "ten cent mile". Got 33.3MPG out of Green Car with gas priced at $3.33/gallon. Last time I did that was on a roadtrip hyper-miling the Saturn for 34.7MPG when gas was $3.45 lol. I had the MX6 in the the lower 30s a lot, but at that time gas was $3.50 and up so I never hit the ten cent mile in it. Hoping once I'm done with Chuck I can get even lower, if not, I may turn Green Car into a 5 speed lol.
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• I sold my 68k aqua car. It will show up in the picture gallery soon. Probably Monday as I deliver it that day.
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• I took the insurance off my festiva, it needs its rest for the winter cause spring time, it's gunna get a whole new kind of work out :evil4:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• cant wait for the updates on the festy! turbo maybe???drool
            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• ^^turbo with a little shot of nitrous :evil4:

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                ^^turbo with a little shot of nitrous :evil4:
                :king:
                Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Hacked out the spare tire hump and the exhaust... gotta do some unibody boxing and re-route some of it... fun yay! lul.
                  89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                  94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                  2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                  1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Damkid: are you going to strengthen the front end of the car? idk how much power you'll have but I wonder how much it'll flex (if it does)
                    Last edited by walth; 11-10-2011, 09:25 AM.
                    Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• I might strengthen it one day, I'll probably need to eventually lol

Comment

• yeah, the front clip is just tacked onto the firewall. pretty scary. doesn't even connect back to the rails or anything. spot welds and caulk is about all the car has going for it lol
                        Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• Buwahahaha, I can't wait for spring time :evil4:

Comment

Buwahahaha, I can't wait for spring time :evil4:

And if the turbo wasn't enough?

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
                            -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

Buwahahaha, I can't wait for spring time :evil4:

Damn kid...
                              ~Austin
                              Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• probably flex? have you seen the dyno video of the car with the turbo where the headlight was?
                                89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                                94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                                2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                                1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Working...
                                X