Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did an oil change and tried to figure out what the newly occurring creaking noises were in the front end. When I installed the poly bushings at the sway bar to body mount I had to use some copper tubing to sleeve the sway bar a bit bigger. Turns out that those sleeves were stuck to the bushing and turning on the sway bar causing the creaking noises. Cleaned and lubed them up and things are now as they should be.

Also massaged the new driver's side fender lip a bit to alleviate the occasional rubbing on that side. Cleaned a winter's worth of dirt from the coilovers while I was under the front end.

Heading out on another road trip on Monday so wanted to get these items cleared up beforehand.
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Today: Put on brand new Bosch wipers on Twistiva. Hadn't changed them in so long it took me a while to remember how to swap them out. :highly_amused:

Yesterday: Went to a junk yard and told the owner to pull a complete (I hope) AC system for me from a 93 (GL?). No time to pull it myself. After that I went to pick up Twistiva from my sister-in-law's brother who runs a body shop/painting business. Door ding right down to the bare metal. :gritteeth: :gritteeth: :gritteeth:

Looks nice now. Wish I could find the selfish schmuck who did it. I'd charge him the $150 it cost me to fix it.
      Last edited by Twistiva; 05-29-2014, 11:50 PM.
      88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
      88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
      91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
      93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• Originally posted by Twistiva View Post
        Today: Put on brand new Bosch wipers on Twistiva. Hadn't changed them in so long it took me a while to remember how to swap them out. :highly_amused:

Yesterday: Went to a junk yard and told the owner to pull a complete (I hope) AC system for me from a 93 (GL?). No time to pull it myself. After that I went to pick up Twistiva from my sister-in-law's brother who runs a body shop/painting business. Door ding right down to the bare metal. :gritteeth: :gritteeth: :gritteeth:

Looks nice now. Wish I could find the selfish schmuck who did it. I'd charge him the $150 it cost me to fix it.
        this reminds me of a time when i had my last aspire.
        i had bondo'd all the dents and put everything in primer.
        it was looking clean and i was still working on the fender flares at the time.

and there was a nice brand new caddy or mercedes or something with a nice pearl paint job.
        he had put a door ding on my passenger side and didnt seem to care.
        it was noticeable and took my paint down like yours.
        as well as it had his paint on my car and a lil of mine on his

so what i did since my car hadnt been finished yet was.
        i opened my passenger door until it was firmly against the middle of his driver side door.
        then i proceeded to rock my car back and forth to carve a line in his door and paint :-D.

karma can be a bi***. i wonder if he ever learned from it.
        i mean i treat everyones vehicle i park next to as if it were my own (except this particular guy) he had me very frustrated.

the door ding is not in any of these pictures, but it was on the passenger side kinda of middle area later on
        here was the aspire after majority of the body work

and this was after it was all in primer

it sucks to pour your blood sweat and tears into a project just to have someone come along and mess some of it up
        like it was just another day.

corolla had a driver break a mirror off driving by,
        no note, no nothing.

the new oem power mirror was $28 with free shipping..
        and i installed it myself.
        would $28 really be that bad to stop and pay someone for the property you destroyed???
        or at least even apologizing.
        Last edited by rmoltis; 05-30-2014, 01:58 AM.
        Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

• They were probably high on weed while driving and didn't even notice.

Comment

• I've done hardly nothing to mine in the last few months, other than drive it to work at least a couple of times a week. Been busy with a new friend's car though, he saw mine sitting out in front of my shop for a few days and stopped by one afternoon when I was there. Has a 91L 5 speed, I changed the oil and shifter bushings for him, but his transmission had already started to lose 4th gear. Eventually something (probably the shift gate) completely broke and he lost reverse entirely. Thanks to Skeeter's_Keeper and JawJa Jim we came up with a plan to get a replacement 5 speed for him brought down here from Virginia. I put it in for him and it runs so smoothly and quietly compared to the old trans that he started hearing the noise his passenger side rear wheel bearings were making. So he'll be at the shop later today to get those replaced, the driver's side ones were in great shape, they looked almost brand new.

And now that my sister blew up her Saturn dad is wanting to get Babystiva back up and running for her to drive. The torque converter locked up on it and it was still driveable but a pain since you had to drop it into neutral every time you were stopped. Its been parked for a little over a year, so at the very least it will need a good carb cleaning to get running again.
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Man Id love to live in Virginia, any used parts dealers always mention cars out in your neck of the woods.

Broke the head off the driver's side rear strut bolt, it was fused to the bushing inside the strut. Cut the strut, cut the bolt in half, hit the base of the nut with a torch and turned out the bolt with a set of vice grips. Hadnt drank in a month, made me fall off the wagon rofl
              1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
              2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Filled her up with gas

Sent from my LG-LS860 using Tapatalk
                Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                Projects in the works:
                84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

• Rerouted my PCV tubing to go around my custom intake. Advanced the timing by 2 degrees. Filled her up. Played in town on deliveries for a couple hours.

Man, I think that is the only reason I still work 8 hours a week at Papa Johns, just an excuse to drive like a maniac and (generally) get away with it
                  Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                  Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                  "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Fixed the rear spindle threads, re-installed rear drums, re-installed rear wheels, cleaned the windows, drove again.
                    1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
                    Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
                    daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
                    A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

• Washed it!

Sent back a part I bought on e-Bay.

And....called about some floor mat samples from FloorMatGuys.com. (This is the company that sewed "Festiva" logos into Brave Kozak's mats. Niiiiiiice!)
                      Last edited by Twistiva; 05-31-2014, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by defprun View Post
                        Man Id love to live in Virginia, any used parts dealers always mention cars out in your neck of the woods.
                        Area 241 was relocated to Virginia and a recent expansion includes even more garage space than the original in Bridgeport, OH.
                        So feel free to drop by sometime.
                        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                        '92 Aqua parts Car
                        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                        Your holy ghost will not save you.
                        Your God plutonium will not save you.
                        In fact...
                        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• [QUOTE]=defprun;655894]Man Id love to live in Virginia, any used parts dealers always mention cars out in your neck of the woods.[QUOTE]

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                          Area 241 was relocated to Virginia and a recent expansion includes even more garage space than the original in Bridgeport, OH.
                          So feel free to drop by sometime.

The impression I get from reading posts on here is that out on the East coast Festivas grow on the danged trees! Oklahoma?.....eh, not so much....

Farmers love trucks. BIG trucks.
                          Last edited by Twistiva; 05-31-2014, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• Started painting my FE3N stuff:

I reckon Detroit Alpine Green is a good fit for the ridiculousness of this project, and the amount of oil this thing leaked before rebuild.

Comment

• Nothing because I sold it in September. The new truck just isn't a festiva. I'll be buying it back next week I'm hoping.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk
                              1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Do not write below this line; for office use only

Comment

• Pu241- ill take you up on that in october
                                Last edited by defprun; 05-31-2014, 08:41 PM.
                                1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
                                2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

Working...
                                X