Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here you go!

Comment

• New front brake pads and hardware....
      93 GL

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
        You have the shift light on your cluster too! Does it still work?
        Unfortunately, no it does not. It has had the Weber Carb Swap and has not work since.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
          You're the man Brave. I'll file that with the shop manuals for future reference.

Thanks man,
          Jack Byrd,
          1991 Capri
          1988 Festiva LX, 240K
          1970 Chev C10
          1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Should be a sticky ^
            1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• Nothing, still waiting on word from bhazard on that 4-speed transmission.

Just got done changing the oil on the car my friend let me borrow for a few days. An Olds Alero. A GM piece of crap.
              He is very bad at getting oil changes, even when there is a light on the dash telling him to do so. Every time I have ridden with him, that light is always on, same with the low washer fluid light. Since I am OCD about that sort of thing, so as a thanks for letting me borrow the car, I filled it up with a cheap bottle of rainx all season, and gave it a oil change, then reset the oil light.

At least he has had at least one other oil change since I last did it, because I never used a NAPA Proselect filter, I only use Purolator. But whoever he took it to must have used a damned impact on the drain bolt because it was a pain to get off without a ramp.
              Last edited by TorqueEffect; 12-10-2014, 07:14 PM.
              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Going to call this guy tomorrow about a Red 96' Auto Aspire for $350 with clean title. Drivable but is going to need an axle. Person says they will scrap it Friday if no buys it, going to call the person tomorrow.
                But won't be able to fork out the money until Friday.

Body is in good shape, paint could use some work. But while my Festiva is down, I'd like to be able to drive something, and I have always wanted to drive an Aspire. Will make a good winter beater, since the heater in the Festiva sucks because it only blows at your feet, and takes ages to work. lol

Hope the axle is good enough to make a 90 mile trip back home. Just going to throw my Festiva plates on it so cops don't bother me until I can get it properly registered.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                  Going to call this guy tomorrow about a Red 96' Auto Aspire for $350 with clean title. Drivable but is going to need an axle. Person says they will scrap it Friday if no buys it, going to call the person tomorrow.
                  But won't be able to fork out the money until Friday.

Body is in good shape, paint could use some work. But while my Festiva is down, I'd like to be able to drive something, and I have always wanted to drive an Aspire. Will make a good winter beater, since the heater in the Festiva sucks because it only blows at your feet, and takes ages to work. lol

Hope the axle is good enough to make a 90 mile trip back home. Just going to throw my Festiva plates on it so cops don't bother me until I can get it properly registered.
                  Never mind, called and it's already sold.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                    Never mind, called and it's already sold.
                    Well that stinks.

Comment

• Well I guess I can drive it by slipping the clutch in 3rd. Going to wear the clutch out fast, also my gas mileage is going to be atrocious.

Comment

• Sold it... hope it gains a new life as promised
                        N3WBI3

Comment

• 1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Power up?
                            I sure home the strut spacing is identical.
                            Good luck.

Comment

• DamKid, looks like a new project. I could take the Festiva off your hands so you have more room!
                              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                              '92 Aqua parts Car
                              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                              Your holy ghost will not save you.
                              Your God plutonium will not save you.
                              In fact...
                              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• :lol: Yup new project starting up so this pic is kind of a teaser, however I'll need to keep the festiva around since it'll be a part of the project

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                                X