Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have the Festiva one month today. Saw a Group 35 Interstate at Costco for a decent price and decided I'd treat the car to a new battery.

Old battery.jpgOld and new batteries.jpgNew battery.jpg

Comment

• I didn't do anything to the car today. After one month of almost non-stop TLC to undo the effects of the original owner's neglect, it's nice to just get into a functioning vehicle and drive. So that's what I did. Mrs. Shin decided that I needed to go to the grocery store during my little jaunt.

Groceries Jan 2017.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Shin Hayata View Post
        I didn't do anything to the car today. After one month of almost non-stop TLC to undo the effects of the original owner's neglect, it's nice to just get into a functioning vehicle and drive. So that's what I did. Mrs. Shin decided that I needed to go to the grocery store during my little jaunt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20424[/ATTACH]
        Great! Sounds like you need a nice road trip to reward your hard work.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• (Last Saturday) Fiiiiiiiinally fixed my 93L, Vextiva, that had intermittent starting problems that eventually became "wouldn't start at all". Hadn't been running for about 20 months.
          88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
          88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
          91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
          93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• Got the motor back in.. Again.. Starting on wiring shortly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Kool
              Jack Byrd,
              1991 Capri
              1988 Festiva LX, 240K
              1970 Chev C10
              1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Wanting it to warm back up so I can start wrenching on my Festiva again!
                1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Hubs on, shocks in, coolant lines back on, exhaust hooked up. Kyle is sifting and stripping unnecessary wires from an old harness while I get it ready to fish back in.

Got a little play in the front driver wheel bearings so I'm going to replace that while its up on stands.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Festiva is running again. Must've just needed more time to dry out after leaving the hood up in the rain on accident.

Topped up the coolant (was extremely low from when I had to fix the IAC coolant passthrough)
                    inflated the tires to 35PSI (would do 40, but I figured best compensate for the temperature) tires were down to 17psi, and one that was repaired a while back was down to 10.

Comment

• Drove it to and from work, first time I've done that in a long while.

Underestimated the amount of gas in the tank, basically got home on just fumes. (The Needle of the gas gauge pointing at E, way below the red mark.)

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post

Underestimated the amount of gas in the tank, basically got home on just fumes.
                        Perhaps you meant to say "overestimated"?

That happened to me, once. I didn't make it home that day. Stupid sending unit decided to go tits up during a Sunday drive. Thank goodness for AAA.

:car:
                        Last edited by Shin Hayata; 02-05-2017, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Yeah that's what I meant. lol

Comment

• This past weekend I bought 3 well used B6-ZE motors from a Miata guy. Tore the "worst" of the 3 down first and was wondering if the head was salvageable. It looks like there was quiet a bit of detonation and some aluminum divots. What do you guys think, worth trying to save or just a paper weight to practice porting on?
                            1967 GTA 351 Roller GT40
                            1988 Festiva LX B5 Turbo, MegaSquirt, Aspire Swap
                            2008 Sport Trac Adrenalin
                            2013 Escape 2.0 EcoBoost

Governments rest on the consent of the governed, and that it is the right of the people to alter or abolish them whenever they become destructive of the ends for which they were established.

--JEFFERSON DAVIS

Comment

• Deck it an see how it turns out.
                              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• That's pretty gnarly. I bet that engine was run hot. Check the cam journals for excessive wear. I'd avoid using the rings from that engine as well.
                                Last edited by Advancedynamix; 02-07-2017, 11:05 PM.
                                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                                X