Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, my biggest concern is the missing chips of aluminum around the valves.
    1967 GTA 351 Roller GT40
    1988 Festiva LX B5 Turbo, MegaSquirt, Aspire Swap
    2008 Sport Trac Adrenalin
    2013 Escape 2.0 EcoBoost

Governments rest on the consent of the governed, and that it is the right of the people to alter or abolish them whenever they become destructive of the ends for which they were established.

--JEFFERSON DAVIS

Comment

• Last night: started up Vextiva and let her run for about 15 minutes. Gotta keep the juices flowing.

Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
      Drove it to and from work, first time I've done that in a long while.

Underestimated the amount of gas in the tank, basically got home on just fumes. (The Needle of the gas gauge pointing at E, way below the red mark.)
      HaHa! Been there, done that. Like, maybe 10 times over the 28 years I've owned Festivas. My wife didn't believe me that Festivas don't have a trip odometer. I keep a notepad in the glovebox to keep track of miles but sometimes I leave Twistiva idling in the driveway on cold mornings and forget to take that into account.
      Last edited by Twistiva; 02-08-2017, 10:34 AM.
      88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
      88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
      91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
      93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• Going to fill the tank for the first time in months. lol
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Pulled more parts out of the Engine Bay of the new car. Only thing left to do to get everything necessary out is Drain the Tranny and pull the AC compressor out then I can unbolt the Block and pull it out. Iv'e been doing the engine removal in pieces because I don't feel like buying a Cherry Picker right now but still want to work on the Car. It also helps me figure out how everything goes together. That is why I love these cars... Simple to work on = simple to learn on.
          "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
          sigpic
          "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
          "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
          "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
          "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

• Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
            Pulled more parts out of the Engine Bay of the new car. Only thing left to do to get everything necessary out is Drain the Tranny and pull the AC compressor out then I can unbolt the Block and pull it out. Iv'e been doing the engine removal in pieces because I don't feel like buying a Cherry Picker right now but still want to work on the Car. It also helps me figure out how everything goes together. That is why I love these cars... Simple to work on = simple to learn on.
            You might want to look at this: It was posted 9 hours ago on the Jacksonville Craigslist
            https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/tls/6001945014.html

Comment

• Originally posted by 1990new View Post
              You might want to look at this: It was posted 9 hours ago on the Jacksonville Craigslist
              https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/tls/6001945014.html
              Cool, I'll check it out.

Thanks
              sigpic
              "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

Comment

• Installed my 5 panel mirror! I love the visibility
                1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
                1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
                2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

• I received more parts to put together my Advance Suspension Mod and a White Tach Cluster that I bought. Only a few more pieces left to finish off what I need for the Complete suspension mod. The only thing I haven't bought yet is the Rear Bump Stops because I won't be racing or anything that I feel would warrant them yet.

On a side note... Do we have anyone that speaks fluent German and can get us a better deal on Hot Tuning Front Coilovers?!?
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by firebush357 View Post

On a side note... Do we have anyone that speaks fluent German and can get us a better deal on Hot Tuning Front Coilovers?!?
                    Unless the vendor prefers to do business over the phone, use Google Translate to compose your messages. I used the service when I had some pre-purchase questions about a motorcycle tire changing tool that was designed and sold in Estonia, of all places.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shin Hayata View Post
                      Unless the vendor prefers to do business over the phone, use Google Translate to compose your messages. I used the service when I had some pre-purchase questions about a motorcycle tire changing tool that was designed and sold in Estonia, of all places.
                      I used Google Translate to look at their website and find the part that we need but it would probably cost more to buy and ship just the parts we need over here instead of just getting them from the distributor on Ebay and not using the rear coilovers and front springs.

I did find one of their Best Offer auctions and ended up paying $209 for the set instead of $213...
                      sigpic

Comment

• Off all the Festiva's I've had this is the first fusible link issue I've ever had! Rigged it with some wire to get it moved to a spot. Unfortunately I have fuses on the Aspire 100 mile away!
                        91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

• Over half of my tax refund was used to get rid of some dangerous trees that were leaning towards my house and garage. At this time - I have a LOT of wood to cut up and dispose of, but with this out of the way once and for all my two year long "War on Trees" is about over and I can soon get back to my little hotrods.

*In case you were wondering why you haven't heard anything from me lately

It was a matter of priorities. If those things fell in a storm (especially an ice or March wind storm) everything would have been ruined.

~Wolf out
                          Last edited by Greywolf; 02-18-2017, 07:01 PM.
                          Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

• the inside of the fuel door on the GTX was pretty yuck. luckily Rustoleum has a paint that is an exact match of the cars red paint. spent a lot of time sanding around and under the hinge. 2 coats each of Sunrise Red and clear lacquer. i removed the original decal with a razor blade, scanned it and then printed it onto an adhesive return address label. not sure what it says. "Unleaded Rice Only" ?

Comment

• Installed NOS seat belt bezels and coin tray. Also installed rear speakers and fabricated the required harnesses.
                              Last edited by Shin Hayata; 02-19-2017, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
                                the inside of the fuel door on the GTX was pretty yuck. luckily Rustoleum has a paint that is an exact match of the cars red paint. spent a lot of time sanding around and under the hinge. 2 coats each of Sunrise Red and clear lacquer. i removed the original decal with a razor blade, scanned it and then printed it onto an adhesive return address label. not sure what it says. "Unleaded Rice Only" ?

You should make a few of those to sell! I would love to have one to put on both my festiva's because the sticker is missing.

I also started my 100 dollar lx and swapped the tach cluster from it to my 93 L
                                Last edited by nutoofestiva; 02-19-2017, 09:49 PM.
                                93 Ford Festiva L new project-dd big plans
                                89 Ford Festiva L (snoopy) long gone
                                2002 Chevy Venture warner bros edition (wife's car, child hauler)

Comment

Working...
                                X