Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool
    Jack Byrd,
    1991 Capri
    1988 Festiva LX, 240K
    1970 Chev C10
    1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Today I made a garage thread, telling what I did today. Today! Today is a new day!
      Cliff Notes is I went to the Pick-A-Part and scored a gauge cluster and made a Pick-A-Part man date for next week with a co-worker

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• I was supposed to get tires but they had to order the size I needed (155/80R12's in my case) and they haven't showed up at my local Belle Tire yet, so I went and bought some more tools and jack for the Suburban and replaced a few burnt out bulbs.

Waiting on the new lifters, valve cover gasket, and tune-up kit from rockauto, there's a million threads here about fixing the space cadet shifter so I'll start reading through those and figuring out where I want to go with that, it's day 3 and I've mostly gotten used to fifth gear being in the glovebox now lol but I don't like it
        1991 Festiva - Newest Toy
        1986 Horizon - The Race Car
        1993 Suburban 2500 - The Workhorse
        1995 Dakota 4cyl - The Eternally Broken

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
          First warm day today! Put the battery back in. Started no problem!

Cut the long tube sticking out from under the air cleaner with a hacksaw. Looks good.

My god it's clean under that hood, I feel like I've brought shame to my family with the way mine looks right now

Comment

• In the last week, I've bought new tires for my 90, replaced the under warranty radiator. Tires came from tires-easy.com, my first time using them.
            I bought the Federal Formosa Gio's, 165/55/14. Approx 205 shipped. Up next, check suspension and struts,bearing, etc. Current miles, 397800.
            Last edited by Team Lightning; 02-15-2018, 06:43 PM.
            Jerry
            Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
            90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
            92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
            93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• Rebuild My Steering Rack

Today I got the 92 Festiva steering rack down from the rafters, removed the old inner tie rod ends, cleaned it up and flushed out the old grease and grime and the pieces of the old nylon bushing.
              The rack gears are still very tight with no damage at all to the gears. Here is a picture. I have new accordion boots too but forgot to include them in the picture.
              I will repack it and put it back together tomorrow. (Also have new outer tie rod ends for it).
              Festiva Steering Rack Rebuild.jpg
              Last edited by 1990new; 02-19-2018, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• Installed aluminum pro-bolts for my valve cover today. Also installed one stainless capacitor hold down screw out of a bag of fifty.
                Looks like I will be giving away these puppies at Ohiostiva.
                Removed a mouse nest from the right hand side of the plenum.
                Replaced it with Bounce sheets.
                Bolted up my new muffler and did a full warmup on the engine.
                Getting ready for spring.
                Ordered some nut/stud covers for the two inner rear front seat mounts.
                I will be giving away the extras at Ohiostiva.

Comment

• Gutted the festy and put in sound deadening.Put headliner,carpet,and seats back in afterward.Next made templates for subwoofer box.On the road to that 160 decibel mark
                  2005 IASCA WORLD CHAMPION

Comment

• Today I decided that I'd had enough of 27mpg *hack cough snort vomit*

New o2 sensor, installed. The old one was practically welded in, I suspect it was the original.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanza View Post
                      Today I decided that I'd had enough of 27mpg *hack cough snort vomit*

New o2 sensor, installed. The old one was practically welded in, I suspect it was the original.
                      You are luck to have gotten it out. I've had great difficulty getting them out with the manifold out of the car in a vice on the bench.

Today I watched (and helped a little) the guy from Safelite remove and install a new windshield in Trixie. I had already removed the molding and clips and the wipers as well as cleaned out the channels around the windshield. At first he said he would have to come back later because he didn't have the right clips to put the molding back on.. but luckily I had order a bunch of clips about this time last year.
                      He did a great job putting the new one in.
                      Last edited by 1990new; 02-23-2018, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• It did need to be sprayed with PB Blaster, and torched a bit to break it loose, but it didn't take much yanking after those two steps. Next job was to replace the fuel filter, check the control arms (need replacing), and to adjust the timing back a bit to try and stop the pinging that happens at half throttle and up. After adjusting, engine is running very smooth, and is rev-happy, as opposed to the seeming soft wall that it was hitting at about 3500rpm before.

Comment

• The weather bomb missed Toronto completely. Celebrated by getting my Festiva ready for spring.
                          I will be trying out the new coilover suspension setup in about a month from now. I have to make sure all of the salt on the roads and highways is completely washed away.
                          Installed titanium M6 nuts to hold down both carbies. Looks great. Bling, bling.

Measured the rubber fuel line from the fuel filter to the regulator.
                          I have decided to change it to a -6 Teflon lined one.
                          I am just going to stop at City Industrial and have them cut me exactly the length that I need from Aeroquip hose. They also have all of the fittings for Teflon lined hoses.
                          Has anyone else replaced their in line fuel filter with one that can come apart for cleaning?
                          How do Autoparts Germany manage to ship out of Guangdong, China?
                          Last edited by bravekozak; 03-03-2018, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• Replaced the Fuel Pump/Sock and Filter yesterday on my Mud Car.

It still wouldn't run afterwards unless sprayed with Starting Fluid so I had to do some digging and found that the injectors were not spraying at all so I took them all out filled them with Carb Cleaner and put 12 volts to them and they still werent working so I took the cap off of one and tapped the needle against my vice with a little force and fluid finally came out so I did that to all of them and then ran carb cleaner through them will turning them on an off. Reinstalled the Fuel rail and she fired right up and idled! I can here a vacuum leak though so I will have to find out were that is coming from as well as the brake fluid bubbling after I turned the car off so the booster is going to have to go as well...
                            "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                            sigpic
                            "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                            "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                            "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                            "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                            https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

• Yesterday I roadtripped the 91 GL 5 speed from Chicago to Upstate NY, 600 or so miles. Didn't have time to throw a timing light on it before the trip, so I guessed at a distributor position and apparently got it pretty close! Averaged 42mpg over the trip, though it threw oil the whole way because I haven't had a chance to do the cam seals yet.

Comment

• Rebuilt my shattered third brake light with a bit of duct tape and a some zip ties, not the cleanest fix but it cost me all of zero dollars and looks miles better than the shattered wreck that was dangling from the hatch

Topped off the fluids and added some motor honey to help with the cold start smokescreen

Comment

Working...
                                X