Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing.... It's been raining for a week!
    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

• Wish it would rain here for a week. We're in a moderate to severe drought.
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

• Here in Lavonia, GA we are very wet. They are calling for rain for the next 2 weeks.
        Jerry
        Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
        90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
        92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
        93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• after 3 years finally got off my azz and had the tires taken off the GTX wheels and just dropped them off today for powdercoating. $60 /wheel front and back. should be 1000% improvement. they weren't rusty but very worn as the pic shows. really an embarrassment to drive on.
          IMG_0476 by mike schmitt, on Flickr
          looking to replace the impossible to find 175/60 13 tires. these federals are very slightly wider and taller and looks like a good price.
          Fast & Free Delivery! Shop for automotive tires online from over 300+ brands. Have them shipped to and installed at one of our 10,000+ installation centers, making the purchase and installation process painless and simple.

an exact replacement is hard to find . i'd go for these Yokos but shipping is killer and they don't have a DOT cert to get it through state inspection.
          Entdecken Sie 2 X 185/60/13 80h Yokohama A539 Performance Car Tyres in der großen Auswahl bei eBay. Kostenlose Lieferung für viele Artikel!

Comment

• hopefully will look like this when all done except the car is red

dohclittledecal001 by mike schmitt, on Flickr

Comment

• Trying to figure out why my aspire swapped front end is creaking and groaning on turning all of a sudden.
              One of the boots came off and I'm wondering if the steering rack is going
              1991 Beastiva L BP autoX'er

Comment

• Drove it, washed it and gassed it up.
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada
                93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Today, I took my 91 GL in to have the air conditioner retrofitted to 134. And having found it in a garage having sat for ten years, with the AC belt missing, I was greatly surprised to find that the retrofit was successful! The air isn't freezing cold, but it definitely takes the edge off. Considering that the heat is also weak tea, I suspect the hvac box and condensor/heater need to be blown out with compressed air.

Comment

• If you want it colder, consider installing a shutoff valve in the coolant line to the heater core.
                    I don't know why they never installed a factory solenoid to do this.

After you blow your fins out, check out my post on cabin air filters.
                    Last edited by bravekozak; 06-18-2018, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• A shutoff valve might just do the trick...if I install a valve though, inline with the heater hose, will that hurt coolant flow anywhere else to the engine?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanza View Post
                        A shutoff valve might just do the trick...if I install a valve though, inline with the heater hose, will that hurt coolant flow anywhere else to the engine?
                        I only drive my Festiva in the summer. My heater core is completely disconnected (both hoses). No problemo.
                        There is no need for hot engine coolant to continually flow through the heater core while you have the A/C on.
                        I use R-12 for maximum brain freeze.
                        Last edited by bravekozak; 06-19-2018, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Well it wasnt exactly today but yesterday I did this!

:thumbup: :blob2:

Rebuilding my Glowspire!

Fenders and hood.

Gotta love a rebuild.
                          Last edited by Glow_Mouse; 06-19-2018, 10:35 PM.
                          Raising the bar for compact cars around the world.
                          .:: 1997 Aspire ::. The Glowspire. Revived project
                          .:: 1998 Aspire ::. The Glowspire red bean. Current Project

My Ford Aspire DIY Wing Conversion
                          Glow_Mouse's 97' Glowspire
                          Glow_Mouse's 98' Glowspire
                          Ford Aspire Forum Here!
                          Order FordAspire.com Decals Range 1!
                          Order FordAspire.com Decals Range 2!

Comment

• In the last 7 days, I’ve changed the window track for new ones from four green, removed the bad tint from both windows, greased the rear bearings, had the muffler changed to a quieter one that doesn’t have the constant drone sound on the road. Changed the oil and checked all fluids. It’s already at 401,421 miles.
                            All this on my 90L.
                            Last edited by Team Lightning; 06-20-2018, 06:58 PM.
                            Jerry
                            Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                            90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                            92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                            93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• picked up the powdered GTX wheels. nice. have some Federal 185/60 13s waiting at the local NTB for mounting.

IMG_0489 by mike schmitt, on Flickr

Comment

• Bled the brakes and put tires back on my mud car. For the first time since I have owned it, it can move and stop under it's own power.
                                "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                                sigpic
                                "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                                "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                                "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                                "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                                https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Working...
                                X