Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum welding is an art. That is the reason I decided to re-core and solder a stock Festiva brass auto rad.

Last edited by bravekozak; 03-29-2018, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• Indeed it is that's why I chose to move my fan in front of the radiator, move it towards the passenger side 8in and cut some silicone hose to make her fit because I did not want to pay the Al welding labor for the bottom Outlet. If a different b-series engine decides to find a home in the car I can cut up more hoses and make it fit for that application.

But damn everything you have going for that machine is art whether it's switch panels or underhood. I mean nothing but compliments but good gosh I bet the pile in your carpet all faces Japan heh.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• I welded in an extra lower rad mount for an Aspire rad, but decided I wanted A/C after all.

Not really. I bought my carpeting on the forum here. I asked if anybody else wanted to do a group buy on mats from Arizona. There was no interest at all. Whatever happened to the sample kit that went around to the meets?

Last edited by bravekozak; 03-29-2018, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• I received my dual durometer rear strut floor hockey pucks last week and slapped them on right away.
          That was fun. It only took me about a half an hour to install both of them. I did however keep my extra thick fender washers and not use the ones that came with the kit.

I will install the rear camber plates after Easter.
          Last edited by bravekozak; 03-29-2018, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• *BUMP*

Today I installed a hood scoop on my Spire. Looks and feels great!

=)
            Raising the bar for compact cars around the world.
            .:: 1997 Aspire ::. The Glowspire. Revived project
            .:: 1998 Aspire ::. The Glowspire red bean. Current Project

My Ford Aspire DIY Wing Conversion
            Glow_Mouse's 97' Glowspire
            Glow_Mouse's 98' Glowspire
            Ford Aspire Forum Here!
            Order FordAspire.com Decals Range 1!
            Order FordAspire.com Decals Range 2!

Comment

• This post should be re-located to "What have not done to your Festiva today?"

I picked up a Toyota firewall bracket at the junkyard yesterday.

I thought about relocating the fuel filter up high.
              Unfortunately, it was an inch too short.
              The bracket was free.
              Last edited by bravekozak; 04-14-2018, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• Tearing down some Junkyard Capri front hubs and changing bearing and Rotors to get them ready to go on my White Car. Surprisingly the Calipers and Pads were basically brand new but the rotors were shot so I ordered some new ones on Amazon so that will give me enough time to tear them down, clean and paint them. The used Control Arms and Brakes that get taken off will be transferred to the Yellow Mud Car which should be one of the final steps to getting it moving.
                "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                sigpic
                "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

• Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
                  Tearing down some Junkyard Capri front hubs and changing bearing and Rotors to get them ready to go on my White Car. Surprisingly the Calipers and Pads were basically brand new but the rotors were shot so I ordered some new ones on Amazon so that will give me enough time to tear them down, clean and paint them. The used Control Arms and Brakes that get taken off will be transferred to the Yellow Mud Car which should be one of the final steps to getting it moving.
                  I ran out of Gloss Black Paint halfway through so I had to switch to Semi Flat but it will all be good once it is on.... Just need to add Rotors and Bearings now.
                  sigpic
                  "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

Comment

• Had issues getting the old CV axle out of the transmission so after hours of trying I decided to just put a used boot on it and just re-grease everything. I ran into a problem though when I took the inner race thing off of the axle splines I didn't realize there was a cir-clip holding it on and I lost it so I ended up tack welding it back in place. Oh and I also rebooted it with Hose Clamps....

sigpic

Comment

• I would find a snap ring and grind that weld off the joints are suppose to float on the splines. FWIW when we did weirdo swaps with VW transmissions sometimes we would leave the snap ring off to allow more suspension movement before the joint got pulled apart at full extension.As long as the axle can't pull far enough the snap ring is redundant.
                      30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

• Originally posted by ricko1966 View Post
                        I would find a snap ring and grind that weld off the joints are suppose to float on the splines. FWIW when we did weirdo swaps with VW transmissions sometimes we would leave the snap ring off to allow more suspension movement before the joint got pulled apart at full extension.As long as the axle can't pull far enough the snap ring is redundant.
                        If it gives me problems I will certainly do that. Correct me if I am wrong but if added a ring of weld at the very end of the shaft instead to allow for even more movement then it would be better then tacking it in place?
                        Last edited by firebush357; 04-25-2018, 12:29 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
                          If it gives me problems I will certainly do that. Correct me if I am wrong but if added a ring of weld at the very end of the shaft instead to allow for even more movement then it would be better then tacking it in place?
                          I would agree and think three evenly spaced welds{think Mercedes Emblem} welding the spline shut in three spots would be sufficient and easily reversable.
                          30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

• White Faced Shift Indicator and Seat bolt caps

My Orange to White face conversion is now complete in my 89 "Trixie". Replaced the Oranger shifter indicate with a white one today...also added plastic caps to all the seat bolts.
                            White Faced Shifter.jpg
                            Bolt head caps.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by 1990new View Post
                              also added plastic caps to all the seat bolts.
                              I didn't even know those existed!

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
                              Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                              Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                              Feel free to PM me anytime!
                              Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                              Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

• Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
                                I didn't even know those existed!

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
                                I believe bravekozak is planning to attend Ohiostiva this year... ask him about them if he make it there this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X