Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Added a cup holder for my lady.

1979 Civic - Work in Progress http://myhondafestish.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Miata master cylinder and booster

Installed a Miata master cylinder and booster on the Festiva today.

Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by rakfint View Post
        Added a cup holder for my lady.

More info please Looks good! What is it from? Did it just clip to the speaker grill?
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
        The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

• Installed my new bra....fits so nice..
          Ford Fester

Comment

• Hauled a festiva with my festiva. The following is a video. Click it!
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Picked up a brush guard for my dad's f-150 for his birthday present. Dad will be 79.

youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlie1717 View Post
                More info please Looks good! What is it from? Did it just clip to the speaker grill?
                If I recall correctly those screw on with 2 or three screws. You can get them at a lot of places, I got the one I had in my Toyota pickup at a truckstop along the interstate, but I have seen them at autoparts stores and even walmart. It folds up all nice when your not using it, really a nice sturdy little holder, but you can't fit big drinks in it.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Replaced the driver side LCA..almost got smashed in the process..the jack failed hard.
                  2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                  1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                  1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                  1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                  1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                  1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                  1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                  1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
                    Replaced the driver side LCA..almost got smashed in the process..the jack failed hard.
                    Funny, the same thing happened to me today too. My jack sank into the soft ground because of the rain yesterday.
                    89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
                    My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

• Mine failed, the metal at the pivot point is cracked on one side, made it start to lean..and slowly but surely hit the pavement.

I should sue dodge for putting out such low quality shit, its for my mini van! But then they'd counter its not made for my car blah blah.. I'd think a jack made for a minivan's weight would me more than sufficient to hold up the front/driver side of an aspire.
                      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• ^^ Always use jack stands just in case

I don't trust any jack, hydraulic or mechanical, and stands are good insurance. It only takes one "aww crap!" moment to mess you up.
                        If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                        Zulu Ministries

Comment

• Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
                          ^^ Always use jack stands just in case

I don't trust any jack, hydraulic or mechanical, and stands are good insurance. It only takes one "aww crap!" moment to mess you up.
                          Yep. Jacks are only meant for lifting.
                          I have a 3 ton floor jack and it ticks and drops in height a tiny unmeasurable amount every couple of seconds just from the weight of a Festiva.
                          I will not get under a car if it's not supported by jack stands.

Oh, and I put a little oil in the Festy and drove it.
                          I've been driving my truck all weekend...
                          ~Austin
                          Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Yea well that's what I've been telling my old lady.. she doesn't want to set aside funds for me to get jackstands, I've been nagging her for the last 8 months about it. I've got 2 hydraulic jacks but one loses pressure like you say yours does, the other is just wore out completely, bother duralast jacks from azone, 3-5 years old, they probably just need lube but I don't trust them because they do lose pressure. As much as I'm under our vehicles I hope she got my point today about the jackstands. Thankfully, I had the tires blocked, and it kept it from straight rolling on top of me in a heartbeat. Maybe now she understands why I constantly yell at her boys when they get near me while I'm working on a suspended vehicle. I don't have any cinder blocks or stumps or anything in my tiny yard to use either, trust me I've been trying to get something for awhile now, granted it never was top priority.

She was actually in the garage port about 20 feet away and came screaming at me asking if I was ok when she heard it hit the ground.

Really, there's no one to blame but myself, I shouldn't mess with it unless it's "secure" but at the same time I have to do what I HAVE to do, and I don't have the $ to pay someone else to do it.
                            Last edited by zoom zoom; 08-17-2011, 02:55 AM.
                            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

• Ended up ordering a set of 12" Yokohama from TireRack.com for the rear of my Festy to get me off the doughnut. Next check comes the front set & mounting & balancing Oh also got my deerhead mudflap girl decals on rear windowes yesterday........RedNeck sexy!
                              Send An Invite If Ya Want

1991 Ford Festiva GL- Auto

Comment

• Paint the interior Panels
                                Previous owner of ZEFstiva

Comment

Working...
                                X