Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fixed that vacuum line the other day and took it out for some highway miles today and it ran much better! fuel gauge hasn't moved since I filled it up too. Lets hope it takes its time moving. I was only getting 26 mpg when I drove it home from York PA.
    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Aired up the tires and cleaned the windshield on the Festiva. 35psi on one side and the other had 30psi on the front.. no wonder it was driving odd. The rears had only 28 pumped them up to 32. Weird the Escape had 25psi on one and 30 in the other.
      91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

• I buffed up Jerry some. This past Wenesday was his 23RD birthday.

Last edited by freshtiva; 09-18-2011, 07:56 PM.
        sigpic
        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

• The B6T is in....temporarily though....

found out that I may have to modify the oil pan to get the axle in. I am using a Festy auto tranny and the pan does not work with it...

"FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          There ain't no rest for the wicked
          until we close our eyes for good.
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

• Got pulled over for no real reason. Got a couple tickets for unlawful removal and no proof of insurance gotta love small town police must be that time of the month...
            1991 Festiva B8 swap, gutted, otherwise stock-9.88@70

1974 MaverickLSX powered - 7.08@94

Comment

• What in unlawful removal??
              If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Good info Willie! I am planning a b6t/festy auto as well. Good luck and post up the results!
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Put 9.5 gallons of gas in it last night. I'm getting quite upset..... Mileage has been steadily falling the last 1.5 months from 40 to this tank... 30 mpg! FAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
                  Buck.
                  -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                  -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                  -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                    What in unlawful removal??
                    Apparently in the town it is when you have the wrong plate on a car, even though I was transfering the plate to the festiva.

I took the proof of insurance and the registration to there city hall and they threw the tickets out.
                    1991 Festiva B8 swap, gutted, otherwise stock-9.88@70

1974 MaverickLSX powered - 7.08@94

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Dirt View Post
                      Apparently in the town it is when you have the wrong plate on a car, even though I was transfering the plate to the festiva.

I took the proof of insurance and the registration to there city hall and they threw the tickets out.
                      Now that officer has two dismissed tickets on his record. Lol. Why do they even bother ticketing for insurance and registration things. Most of the time people still have them, just not current papers in the car. I've had two or three insurance tickets dismissed because the card in the car expired and the new policy documents were still in the house.
                      ~Austin
                      Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
                        Put 9.5 gallons of gas in it last night. I'm getting quite upset..... Mileage has been steadily falling the last 1.5 months from 40 to this tank... 30 mpg! FAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
                        I'm feeling the same way. Went from around 40 to 32 in the last 2 months.

sent from my EVO hacked with Vaelpak GB AOSP with Tiamat 3.3.7 Kernel
                        First time owner
                        89 L carb'd - white / still needs work
                        Bought for mpg and only paid $250

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Dirt View Post

Thanks for the info. Thats stupid.
                          If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Installed a flush and fill kit and flushed the cooling system on the Festy.
                            It needed it too. After I flushed the entire system till it ran clear, with the drain open and cap off, I would put my finger on the drain to flow water thru top of radiator for a bit, and then remove my finger to let it drain. All the while the garden hose was hooked up and running. When I did...all the water came out the drain looking WHITE. Almost like milk. I think it was just sediment in the radiator. After flushing like that, back and forth from forcing water out the top of radiator, and then bottom of radiator thru drain it started running clear out of the bottom drain again. I figured I had gotten it pretty clean by then.
                            Last edited by drddan; 09-19-2011, 04:41 PM.
                            Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                            Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                            Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                            Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                            http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

• built my harbor freight 1 ton engine hoist (but upgraded the jack to the 8 ton hehe) and it's butter. pulled the B6 out of the ranger

I just need some longer bolts...the ones I got from the engine aren't even long enough to go through the HF engine stand...that or I'm cutting those mounts down shorter. I'd rather just find some bolts though
                              Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• The paint dried so I put the pass. Side hubcaps back on..much better than the dingy old scratched and faded look.. i probably spent 2 hours with sandpaper on these to prep them, so hopefully this stuff sticks and don't peel off.

Also did some research on jackstands/jack combo, I've got 2 hydraulic jacks, both wore out to the point new fluid won't make them jack up like they used to..so I suppose its time for a new one, I think I'm gonna go with auto zones brand, the duralast jacks (on average) last me 2.5 years each, and I think I'd rather have a name brand compared to some cheap harbor freight tool made-to-break, these are tools i use at least a couple times a week, and my life depends on it, if it was something that i rarely use, i'd probably go the cheap route.
                                Last edited by zoom zoom; 09-19-2011, 06:14 PM.
                                2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                                1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                                1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                                1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                                1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                                1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                                1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                                1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Working...
                                X