Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dang I might have to show up to see that.

Holding the camera and yelling how I'd drive doesn't really count...
    Last edited by eurotiva; 04-08-2015, 10:03 AM.
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Got 13 inch 323 wheels (Thanks Tom), and new 155-80R tires installed on *Semper Fisteva* today. A sharp eye will pick out the spray can paint lid center caps.
      A temporary measure until I get *real* caps sorted out. The lids, from Rustoleum 2X, fit snug on the center hole flange - as if they were destined for the application.
      A phellow phestiva phan said this won't make it as a sticky' but it is in the running for a tacky.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by CharlieZ View Post
        Got 13 inch 323 wheels (Thanks Tom), and new 155-80R tires installed on *Semper Fisteva* today. A sharp eye will pick out the spray can paint lid center caps.
        A temporary measure until I get *real* caps sorted out. The lids, from Rustoleum 2X, fit snug on the center hole flange - as if they were destined for the application.
        A phellow phestiva phan said this won't make it as a sticky' but it is in the running for a tacky.
        I've got a decent set of festiva steelie caps if they'll fit.
        Yellow - '91 Festiva L - 5 speed

Comment

• i sadley sold mine will miss her

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
            Gutted it going for 11's
            Supersonic
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by burundon View Post
              I've got a decent set of festiva steelie caps if they'll fit.
              They wont fit. The Madza wheel has about a 1/2 inch flange around the center hole that covers the groove where the stock Festy caps snap on to. Thanks though.

Comment

• I parked in the smallest available parking spot at the local mall. Wasn't sure that I could fit. :laughing3:
                Attached Files
                Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

• That's a handicapped parking spot! Shame on you. Actually, you could have fit two Festivas sideways in that spot!
                  Last edited by bravekozak; 04-11-2015, 09:41 AM.

Comment

• It's not a handicapped spot. No posted signs or paintings on the ground. I did it fair and square!
                    All though you made me double check the picture.
                    Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

• Got to work on the gas tank install. While pulling the old one last night I discovered rust on some of the filler pipes. Remembering that the Festiva in currently in Pick n Pull was fairly low mileage I headed there this morning.

Here's the old and the replacement side by side.

I also picked up all the vapor control stuff seeing it was also in excellent shape.

New tank all prepped and ready to go.

The new tank is in but had to stop for a bit as my parents are stopping by unexpectedly this afternoon. Fuel pump rewiring is almost done too. Will finish up either tonight or tomorrow.
                      Ian
                      Calgary AB, Canada
                      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Broke the alternator. Too much boost.
                        Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 04-11-2015, 04:01 PM.
                        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• Posting a pic of my engine with a new distributor, new valve cover and red powdercoated air cleaner.
                          Last edited by bravekozak; 04-12-2015, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                            Posting a pic of my engine with a new distributor, new valve cover and red powdercoated air cleaner.
                            That's very cool also, very nice.
                            Jack Byrd,
                            1991 Capri
                            1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                            1970 Chev C10
                            1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• '93 was running rough again, returning about 24MPG. Knowing I've gone over the entire fuel system, all I had left were the injectors. Found a video online about using a ratchet extension and a hammer to lightly "tap out" the crud in the injectors. As soon as I hit injector #3 the entire idle changed. Drove it for a bit, doing a lot better. Filled up and so far (already half a tank run out before trying this), MPG is back up to 31. I figure next tank'll be better, but we'll see.

Gotta love Youtube, I tell you what.
                              White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                              White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                              1988 LX 5-speed
                              ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Originally posted by CharlieZ View Post
                                Got 13 inch 323 wheels (Thanks Tom), and new 155-80R tires installed on *Semper Fisteva* today. A sharp eye will pick out the spray can paint lid center caps.
                                I'll take $25 shipped for these if your interested.

93 GL

Comment

Working...
                                X