Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also just wired the auxiliary lights to come on with the low beams.

But I was bad and cut the low beam wire to tap into it since I didn't have one of those tools that lets you do that sort of thing without actually cutting the wire. :p
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 04-28-2015, 06:10 PM.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Fitted a slim fan to the stock rad and painted the rad flat black with barbeque grill case paint. Love it.

FWIW you can fit a 14" slim eBay fan on the stock rad in the stock location, AND in push config with only some bending of the lip on the headlight mount location.
      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• Picture please
        New build on the way .

Comment

• Originally posted by sketchman View Post
          Fitted a slim fan to the stock rad and painted the rad flat black with barbeque grill case paint. Love it.

FWIW you can fit a 14" slim eBay fan on the stock rad in the stock location, AND in push config with only some bending of the lip on the headlight mount location.
          Speaking of fans, I need to get one to attach to my condenser, the radiator fan just doesn't cut it when the vehicle isn't moving.

Comment

• Originally posted by shadetree View Post
            Picture please
            I'll get pics as soon as I can. Probably tomorrow evening. I was surprised. It JUST barely fits.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

• Yea I'd like to see . Thank you .
              New build on the way .

Comment

• Should show everything pretty well.

Only a very tiny spot needs to be bent to clear the mounting ear. You can also see my mad sweet custom lower rad tubing. Lets me use the ME pump outlet and gives me more room closer to the block than the stock setup.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

• Cleaned the plugs and put a new distributor gasket on Nellie today. Only 500 miles on her since her last oil change in June 2014.

Comment

• Nothing!
                    However we did drag one home last night for my youngest son. The silver one with the blue fender.
                    Today we brought home my oldest sons second festy that was free and a truck pile of parts with it. His two are the yellow and the graphite colored ones.
                    So many cars in my driveway!

20150502_142629_resized.jpg20150502_142944_resized.jpg
                    Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

• '93: Realized I had a screw sticking out of the sidewall on one of my brand new (3300 miles) tires. Discount tire replaced it for $7. Thank God for warranties.

'89: Tomorrow begins the Aspire swap! woot Just bought 4x100 Tercel black steel wheels and put some '87 Corolla trim rings and center caps on them; they should clean up really nice.

Last edited by Spike; 05-02-2015, 05:50 PM.
                      White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                      White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                      1988 LX 5-speed
                      ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Painted my Purpleish Prelude seats black with a couple cans of Dupli-color Fabric and Vinyl paint. Will report back with pics later. Read some good things about this Dupli-color fabric/vinyl paint. So far I am impressed, it looks nice and dried very quickly (granted it was in direct sunlight) seems to work great on plastic too, painted the handbrake console with what I had left and so far it is better to adhearing to plastic than any of that crappy Rustoleum, or Krylon plastic paint. But we will see how long it lasts.

Also a couple days ago I installed the manual belt receivers into my 91' (Had been using the stock ones from the autobelts) also has the recall plastic slip over pieces.

Since my Full/Auto console broke, I removed it, and put the stock cubby console back in, and moved the radio back in the stock position, and because of that had to remove the Taurus slide out Coin/Cup holder. Back to having just the single cup holder/ash tray. lol

Comment

• What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Got a new alternator. It seems they don't like 7,000 rpms.
                          Got a short shifter a couple weeks ago only put a few miles on it, seems way better. Have to see what happens at the track. 1-2 shift is killing me.
                          Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 05-02-2015, 06:23 PM.
                          1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
                            Got a new alternator. It seems they don't like 7,000 rpms.
                            Got a short shifter a couple weeks ago only put a few miles on it, seems way better. Have to see what happens at the track. 1-2 shift is killing me.
                            They don't like the rpms. That 1/2 shift is brutal under load
                            -Greg
                            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                            Redneck Engineer
                            FOTY - '09
                            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• I installed Aspire knuckles and front brakes on the Festiva, having installed Aspire drums on the stock axle beam a couple weeks ago (Long story). During my post-assembly test drive, one of the junkyard calipers locked up making for a harrowing 15 MPH drive home. Brand-new calipers from Rockauto are on the way. Estimated installation date is one week from today.
                              Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
                              Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
                              White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
                              White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
                              Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
                              Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
                              Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
                              White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

• Pic of the seats, one seat before and one seat after. Gotta say they look sharp, almost like racing seats painted black.

Comment

Working...
                                X