Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I back flushed the cooling system, put in new coolant and changed the oil and filter on Trixie.
    Only a little over 2,000 miles on the oil but the last change was in late September 2014 so it was time.

Comment

• Replaced the front wheel bearings on my Aspire swap.
      Old ones lasted almost 2 yrs.
      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Drove it for the first time in a few weeks. I missed driving it, but I still need to get it highway worthy.

Also was thinking of eventually, just cutting out as much rust as I can, use rust converter, and cutting out the rusted pinchwelds and rockers, and riveting some stainless steel patches down the length of the car. Also debating just painting the entire car in truck bed liner, friend thinks I am completely crazy. lol

I know the car will never look as good as it was when it was new ever again without very extensive and expensive work, so might as well go with a semi-ratty look.
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by Spike View Post
          Found a video online about using a ratchet extension and a hammer to lightly "tap out" the crud in the injectors. As soon as I hit injector #3 the entire idle changed.

Gotta love Youtube, I tell you what.
          Hmph, that's something to think about. Kind of makes me wonder how the vibrations of the engine wouldn't do that alone though..
          -Zack
          Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• Today I replaced the valve cover gasket, repaired some wiring issues with my turn signals, and rotated my tires. Visited the scrapped Festivas in the local pick n pull.
            1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
            1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
            2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

• get rid of most 004.jpgget rid of most 007.jpgget rid of most 008.jpg

Mudded up and primed my turded out Festy......almost ready for paint......yipppeee!!
              92 GL, 98k
              77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

• erase most 003.jpg

Oh, here's how the quarter looked before we pulled it out....
                92 GL, 98k
                77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

• Cleaned allot of garbage out of it again, did some vacuuming, still needs some cleaning though.
                  Pulled the trunk area carpet out and threw it in the wash, cleaned up as much grime as I could without too much elbow grease and paper towels, and sprayed down some undercoat/sound deadener in the trunk area. once the rear carpet is as clean as it will get with the stains in it, I will paint it with some black vinyl/cloth paint from the auto parts store.
                  Also did a less ghetto wire job on the rear 6x9 speaker boxes in the back, took off the twist cap things I had on the wires, and soldered them together, and heatshrinked them.

I need to make a new spare cover, using something a little more rigid that that piece of cardboard that the car came from the factory with. Plus I need to get a proper donut, because even the 12" steelie raises the cover too much.

Still want to get back behind the radio, and do a more permanent wire job on the stereo, and get rid of all the twist caps back there too.

Need to get another Auto console, or 80s LX console, my current one didn't like me forcing it past the edges of my Prelude seats and broke.

Need to phonebook pull/roll the rear fenders so they stop scraping with someone sitting in the back seat.

Still need to fix the passenger side tie-rod.

Need to get the tires balanced, because I am getting seriously tired of this steering wheel vibration on the highway.

Also need to evacuate, vacuum and recharge my a/c with R134a.

So many things also to get done that isn't listed here too.

Originally posted by avitsefdrof View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]17708[/ATTACH]

Oh, here's how the quarter looked before we pulled it out....
                  O_O
                  Nice body work, that musta taken a bit of time and skill to do.
                  Last edited by TorqueEffect; 04-25-2015, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                    I need to make a new spare cover, using something a little more rigid that that piece of cardboard that the car came from the factory with. Plus I need to get a proper donut, because even the 12" steelie raises the cover too much.

Torque, I have an Aspire spare. I just went to the junk yard and got a larger, thicker, cleaner spare tire carboard cover from another car. I cut the hole a little bigger so that the high part of the spare wheel could protrude slightly, while the cover remains flat. I inserted a center plastic from a Chrysler Intrepid spare, then trimmed all around to fit. It is unnoticeable under the fabric.
                    Last edited by bravekozak; 04-25-2015, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• I drove mine
                      -Greg
                      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                      Redneck Engineer
                      FOTY - '09
                      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Sold one of them's heart. Met 350freak in the process. Hope it gives him good service.
                        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• Hello all, I have two 88 carbed festivas, one is a donor the other my project. I also have a 97 aspire fuel injected auto. My goal is to do the aspire brake swap, make the body pristine, and an engine swap. I would love some ground effects also. I have a lot of questions about making the 88 fuel injected and such. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                            Torque, I have an Aspire spare. I just went to the junk yard and got a larger, thicker, cleaner spare tire carboard cover from another car. I cut the hole a little bigger so that the high part of the spare wheel could protrude slightly, while the cover remains flat. I inserted a center plastic from a Chrysler Intrepid spare, then trimmed all around to fit. It is unnoticeable under the fabric.
                            Always impressed...
                            Jack Byrd,
                            1991 Capri
                            1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                            1970 Chev C10
                            1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Gutted the interioruploadfromtaptalk1430155886092.jpg
                              And zeroed in on rust, thank goodness for a donor car.uploadfromtaptalk1430156531587.jpguploadfromtaptalk1430156553767.jpg

Comment

• Finished the steering rack swap, still hear a bit of a clunk in the steering with the wheels on the ground sitting still, turning the wheel back and forth quickly. But at least it has 4 good tie-rods on it, and steering rack boots. Now it just needs an alignment, and the tires balanced from the uneven wear.

Comment

Working...
                                X