Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I ordered a new timing belt! Looking forward to that mess coming up soon! ;-)
    I am currently Festivaless. I am without Festiva. Non-Festiva. I'm UnFestiva'ed. Living post-Festiva. Ex-Festiva Life. Hashtag sad :'-(

PS - Please send very low-dollar offers. Currently looking to buy, but will have to empty the couch cushions to do so. Hashtag sad, again.

Comment

• I installed my new jack today. I bought it from Green Sales. The original jack had a bent main screw.

Comment

• I took a picture of my engine today. I removed the insert on my crankcase cap. I am lightening it on a lathe and then having it laser engraved with the Festiva logo. I installed my bright red air cleaner to match my bright red cast iron master cylinder. Too bad you can't see my K&N air filter. You can see my cruise control, power steering and brass auto rad. http://www.bwbronze.com/festiva/engine8.jpg

Comment

• Not "today" but since we can't start new topics.. I flew out to Las Vegas back in November to buy a 56k mile '88 L Plus from a friend who was moving and couldn't take the car with him to his new home. 88/89 L and L+ are my favorite trim levels and the blue/tan color combo, low miles, and overall condition made this one impossible to pass up. The car had spent it's whole life in Surprise AZ until September of 2022 when my friend bought it, so it's super rust free and extremely clean underneath. It has always been garaged so the clear coat is still in great condition. We flew out super early on a Thursday morning and drove to Flagstaff that night, then spent half of Friday in Sedona before driving to Albuquerque for the night. On Saturday we made it to Fort Smith Arkansas, then home in South Carolina on Sunday night. The trip was a bit under 2300 miles total and it made it without any issues other than a worn CV joint that made the car shake over 80 mph. I've already sourced a NOS axle assembly to replace it. It now has a little over 59k; I plan on super detailing it top to bottom and only driving it a few miles every month or two to keep it under 60k. After getting it home and doing a quick wash. The fenderwells look amazing after spending only ~5 min scrubbing them. The last pic is after I took the time to jack the car up for better access and super clean the fenderwell and beam mount.
          '88 L- B6d-Sidedraft Dellorto Carbs-G-Series-Advanced Suspension
          '89 L B3-5 speed-A/C-Advanced Suspension

Project Goldilocks '66 C10 Short Fleet BBW Build
          '65 C10 Highly Detailed Stock Restoration Thread
          '55 International Metal/Body/Paint Work
          '66 F100 Full Rotisserie Restoration
          '40 Packard 120 Convertible Coupe Restoration
          How To Restore and Detail an Original Gauge Cluster
          How To Detail Sand Body Panels, Edges, Corners

Comment

• You are one luck guy. Looks Showroom New!!! Interior pictures?

Comment

• I haven't taken any interior pics yet; it needs detailing inside plus it was full of our luggage and junk during the trip. I've only had it out once since getting it home. I'll take a few next time it's out, I'm planning on draining/flushing the tank and lines with non-ethanol with Stabil added this weekend so I can take some then. These are the ones that were sent to me when I bought it.

Comment

• That's it! I'm going into my garage to clean my car some more. I am taking a bottle of Windex + a roll of paper towels. Your car has inspred me to take my Festiva to the next level of KA-LEAN. I will be removing my front rotors to replace the dust plates. http://www.bwbronze.com/festiva/dust.jpg I have more chrome pieces to put on the engine. I will fab a rear brace where the back seat used to be. After seeing your pictures, I will finally wax my car. I have never waxed it ever. Thanks for the inspiration. I used to own a blue 1989 Festiva. I like blue. I miss it. astronaut, let me know if you ever decide to install a brown cubby. My 93 interior used to be brown before I switched it to gray.

Comment

• I plan on leaving it 100% as it came from the factory, and I actually don't care for cubbies as they rub against my leg. I prefer driving my '88 and '89 instead of my '91 since they don't have cubbies. If you like "clean" and need more inspiration, I'll have to post pics of my '91 that I've been detailing/restoring from a filthy mess inside to almost showroom condition inside. It wasn't too bad outside, just dirty with some dings/dents. The interior was filthy though, and seats were beyond saving. Fortunately I had bought a set of GL Sport seats and door panels in good condition at Madness a few years ago. The driver side isn't nearly as nice, the quarter panel has a couple of big dents that need body/paint work. I sandblasted and painted the wheels and found a really nice set of center caps on the facebook group. It's been my daily since May of '21, I really need to take if off the road and finish the resto/detail work to make it really nice all over.

Comment

• Originally posted by theastronaut View Post
                    Not "today" but since we can't start new topics.. I flew out to Las Vegas back in November to buy a 56k mile '88 L Plus from a friend who was moving and couldn't take the car with him to his new home.
                    Beautiful car, nice find!

Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

• I will be in the southwest in April 2024 for the Judgement eclipse.
                      I will also be looking to buy a rust free car + have a minigun experience (preferably outdoors with tracers).
                      astronaut, you need to buy shares in ArmorAll.
                      I too was in my garage cleaning my Festiva tonight.
                      I think I will have the inside of my wheels sandblasted since they are off the car already.

Comment

• I have to purchase a new headliner for my Festiva. There were four mouse nests in there and it reeks and is mouldy now.
                        I have decided to purchase a Pride headliner. Ali at Four Green told me it is still available. I would pooch the power seat belt tracks and install Pride passenger assist handles.

KK15068030D89 (KK15068030C89) HEADLINING ASSEMBLY $ 112.00

Shipping (to USA) $ 68.00

TOTAL $180.00

​Does anyone else need any parts for their Festiva?
                        Group buy FOB Port Huron, Michigan.
                        Let me know as soon as possible.
                        Here are the Pride part numbers.

Comment

• Hello everyone, it is very interesting to read the comments from the owners. I recently started looking for a Festiva car. I want to buy one. I have always been a fan of these small and reliable cars. I have found some good options and I plan to look at them soon.

Comment

Working...
                          X