Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people just do a fuel door lock delete

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk
    88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

Comment

• Its beautiful

Comment

• Originally posted by meyek91974 View Post
        The first day I have it and 3 people have asked to buy 'er!
        O.K. You've already had it for at least a day. Wanna sell it to me now?
        I want to turn it into a bumblebee.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 12-20-2015, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• Very good looking.......the Festy is nice as well.

Comment

• It looks to me like you did great. Congratulations.
            Jack Byrd,
            1991 Capri
            1988 Festiva LX, 240K
            1970 Chev C10
            1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• BTW tireshine brings back the bumper color

Comment

• Where is the horn?
                While cleaning the inside this morning I noticed that when I push the horn buttons the relay clicks but no horn sounding

Comment

• Up under the bumper, passenger side.

There's a wire on the drivers side to become some got a high low horn.

Comment

• lying on the ground I can see the horn. I cannot find on the internet the easy way to remove replace. without having to remove the whole bumper what is the short easy way to change the horn

Comment

• Here is how I solved my horn issue. I was also having trouble getting to the horn behind the bumper so I just cut the wires and installed aftermarket horns in the passenger fender well.

-Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                      Random Festiva Parts
                      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Changed the oil and replaced oil pan gasket to stop one of two oil leak problem!

Comment

• Did a compression test for peace of mind, and it was 150 psi across the board.
                          But when I pulled off the plug wire, it ripped the connecter out of the wire, so I had to go warranty exchange those, and then found the number 2 plug was crossthreaded, and luckily there was more damage to the plug threads than the threads on the head, just ran a good spark plug through a few times and it smoothed out. Though I had to go out and buy a new set of spark plugs. Went for the OEM Motorcraft plugs this time, the ones that were in it were NGK V power plugs that had been in there at least 20k miles now, I don't know how long zoom zoom drove on those plugs when he had the motor, but they were the ones that were in the engine when he sold it to me, and he said they were pretty close to new at the time.
                          Last edited by TorqueEffect; 12-26-2015, 09:32 PM.
                          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Changed the oil. The Valvoline VR1 racing oil is only good for 3k Miles since it is a low detergent oil. Filled with Mobil 1 High mileage this time around.

Also tried to fix the slop in the wipers, found that the bushing that connects the motor to the rod is pretty much gone, the only piece of it left was holding the rod in place.
                            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                              Changed the oil. The Valvoline VR1 racing oil is only good for 3k Miles since it is a low detergent oil. Filled with Mobil 1 High mileage this time around.
                              I hope you used a magnetic drain plog.

Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                              Also tried to fix the slop in the wipers, found that the bushing that connects the motor to the rod is pretty much gone, the only piece of it left was holding the rod in place.
                              You need a new plastic cup with yellow grease in the bottom.

Comment

• Took the engine/trans out. Separated them. New output shaft seals. New front and rear main seals. New oil pan gasket. new water pump and timing belt. Cam and disty seals, intake, exhaust and valve cover gaskets. Installed the rebuilt steering rack from the Festiva store.
                                '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
                                '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
                                '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
                                '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
                                '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
                                '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
                                '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Working...
                                X