Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FINALLY finished the stripes(pics tomorrow hopefully) as well as tore out the god awful carpet and bedlinered the rear area. I'll do the floor pan on my next day/s off.
    Buck.
    -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
    -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
    -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Just replaced right rear spindle, and bearings. Also replaced passenger widow seal.
      -Greg
      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
      Redneck Engineer
      FOTY - '09
      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Installed a tach. I set my engine idle at 700RPM. I had it at 1100.. haha.
        It's kind of rough (steering wheel vibration) at 700, but the cooling fan is always on. New fan switch in the mail.
        What is the redline on the B3 engine?
        Anything over 4000 in first or second sounds horrible.
        ~Austin
        Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• The block heater blew out of the block so that coolant pewked all over the road. Fortunately it was cold enough and I was close enough to make it home without too much trouble. Had to stop twice to add water. Will replace the block heater tomorrow!
          Ian
          Calgary AB, Canada
          93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
          59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• ^^ Ouch! I had that happen to me once (Jeep Comanche). Just replaced it with a core plug.

You do notice though, the thread is What have you done to your Festiva today!? and not What has your Festiva done to you today!? heheh

Comment

• ^^ very interesting point!
              Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• Originally posted by thered56 View Post
                ^^ Ouch! I had that happen to me once (Jeep Comanche). Just replaced it with a core plug.

You do notice though, the thread is What have you done to your Festiva today!? and not What has your Festiva done to you today!? heheh
                Sorry... I'll pay more attention next time
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

• lol
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Apologized to the Festiva for yelling at it last night (see earlier post).

Replaced block heater and while doing so discovered that one section of the air intake had partially collapsed so fixed that too.

The Festiva and I are both much happier now :toothy8:
                    Ian
                    Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• Got an ignition switch with key from a Mazda MX-6.
                      Dome light from an Aspire.
                      Nothing good from the Festivas in Waco.. They were both beat up and tan/beige interiors.

Ordered valve seals.

Buffed it with rubbing compound and polish. Another coat on the hood and front fenders tomorrow followed by some wax.
                      ~Austin
                      Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Changed out the temperature switch. Now my gauge works!
                        First time owner
                        89 L carb'd - white / still needs work
                        Bought for mpg and only paid $250

Comment

• I finished up the polishing and then waxed it.
                          Much improved over how it was.

Before

After

I just followed a procedure I found when googling "oxidized paint".
                          It was basically, use rubbing compound, then polishing compound, then wax.
                          ~Austin
                          Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Red is the worst for oxidizing but the best for popping after a good polish! Nice!
                            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• I literally hugged mine last night. Fiance was being mean to her...

Comment

• Oren09, those are some fantastic results! Get to steppin on that grille though. Paint it, the headlight trim, and the wheels silver!

Don't forget about bumper restore/back to black. That'll really bring it all back to *bling!*
                                -Zack
                                Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Working...
                                X