Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to black.
    Before...

After..
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• I'm definitely going to have to try the Back To Black.
      Where do you get it?

The grill is on my list. Does anyone here have theirs painted silver? I wonder how it would look. How are the headlight trim pieces removed?
      ~Austin
      Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Advance auto parts sells it. I bet autozone, pep boys, o'reilly's etc etc do too. The headlight trim pieces are a bear. You practically have to remove the bumper to do that.
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Originally posted by 89newb View Post
          I literally hugged mine last night. Fiance was being mean to her...
          You need to dump the fiance, anyone that would be mean to your car is not someone you need to spend time with.
          How do you think she's going to treat you when she's mad at you?
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
            The grill is on my list. Does anyone here have theirs painted silver? I wonder how it would look. How are the headlight trim pieces removed?
            Take the bumper off. I think some people have done it without removing the bumper but in my opinion after trying to do it that way its more trouble trying not to remove the bumper than just removing it for easy access. (BTW if your horns aren't working the perfect time to replace them is while the bumper is off, also haveing the bumper off makes it easier to paint it Back to the headlight trim, once the bumper is off there's I believe two 10mm bolts holding each headlight trim piece... but I personally wouldn't paint them silver lol.

I bought an HG today, for MINE not hers finally Also tried tinting the hatch glass, its out of the car so its easier. Didn't go so well though. I didn't have a squeegy (sp?) so I tried using a credit card to smooth it on like I did the last time I did tint (about 7 years ago on my buddy's Integra). Apparently they don't make tint like they used to, cause it tore a couple chunks out. So I bought a squeegy today and I will try again tomorrow I think I'll do the quarter windows first this time, rather than start with the biggest piece with compound curves
            Last edited by htchbck; 04-15-2011, 12:01 PM.
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• I wouldn't remove them...it will be noticeable!! look on google shopping for the backtoblack deal and then look for the best deals or look to see if there are any websites that correlate to stores near you (mcparts, etc)

and oren, dude...you are the next FOTM IMO!! OREN09 FTW!

and...about the silver, idk? it might look good...or look really out of place. you could always try it and paint it something else later. It might go well tho and blend the front since the headlights are kind of dull in color and make it look clean. I like the thought. look forward to seeing it if you do paint it silver later

OH>> duhh, what I did today:

found 3-5 exhaust leaks...I've fixed two, maybe three major leaks. lol.

*= fixed / **almost fixed
              rear flange*, cat to down pipe flange/rubber gasket seal**, manifold to downpipe* (reused aspire gasket...blew out on one side, lol), aspire manifold temp sensor? threads/threaded area looks bad...it looks like a dried up rubber gasket when in actuality it's busted metal but I got the festy sensor to go in it. Figured out they switched the plugs on that sensor so I had to swap sensors or rewire.

think I can weld that or take some exhaust putty and kind of fix it? my pressure coming from the tailpipe is very good but not enough to hold and stall the car. sad I even added 4 HUMUNGO washers to the aspire exhaust to make the flange gasket seal better. but it may be the festy gasket and aspire pipe that it sits on are different OD/ID.

long post but that's what I've been chasing down today, kind of a pitb...
              Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                Take the bumper off. I think some people have done it without removing the bumper but in my opinion after trying to do it that way its more trouble trying not to remove the bumper than just removing it for easy access. (BTW if your horns aren't working the perfect time to replace them is while the bumper is off, also haveing the bumper off makes it easier to paint it Back to the headlight trim, once the bumper is off there's I believe two 10mm bolts holding each headlight trim piece... but I personally wouldn't paint them silver lol.

I bought an HG today, for MINE not hers finally Also tried tinting the hatch glass, its out of the car so its easier. Didn't go so well though. I didn't have a squeegy (sp?) so I tried using a credit card to smooth it on like I did the last time I did tint (about 7 years ago on my buddy's Integra). Apparently they don't make tint like they used to, cause it tore a couple chunks out. So I bought a squeegy today and I will try again tomorrow I think I'll do the quarter windows first this time, rather than start with the biggest piece with compound curves

LOL. funny read.

Comment

• Why back to black when you can paint body color?
                  Buck.
                  -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                  -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                  -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• I thought about doing it red, but it would be extremely difficult to get the bumpers to match because the paint on my car is faded. I'm also not very good at painting.

I also think red/black looks good. I kinda wanted to do that color scheme on my truck, but the PO had put on all chrome accessories.
                    ~Austin
                    Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• I love black bumpers.

Comment

• I tried out the A/C in the 90 LX I bought, its cold!!!
                        Brian
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                        :fish:

Comment

• youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• I like your bumpers and wheels, neanderpaul.
                            Especially the trim rings, but I doubt I'd ever find four of those.
                            What did you use to paint the wheels? Did you have to take the tires off?
                            ~Austin
                            Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• I think he used his wrong hand to paint the wheels... right Paul? :lol: I know he painted a lot of stuff with the wrong hand. And no, he didn't take the tires off.
                              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• I just fixed my idle w/ the help of you guys :thumbright:
                                Send An Invite If Ya Want

1991 Ford Festiva GL- Auto

Comment

Working...
                                X