Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't look like I'll do anything to the Festiva today. I've gotta work on wives mini van. Gonna try and change belt. Damn if I mess this up she will kill me. LOL

Sent from my EVO powered by Sprint using Tapatalk
    First time owner
    89 L carb'd - white / still needs work
    Bought for mpg and only paid $250

Comment

• put my exhaust back on. Now she is louder and sounds like a horse galloping. I think its almost time to just part her out. Yeah she saves me gas cause i aint driving her, but what I dont spend in gas I spend double to triple in dam parts.
      Man should eat when he can for Man does not know when his last meal will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by brickdog2000 View Post
        put my exhaust back on. Now she is louder and sounds like a horse galloping. I think its almost time to just part her out. Yeah she saves me gas cause i aint driving her, but what I dont spend in gas I spend double to triple in dam parts.
        Part her out? PM me it you do

sent from my EVO powered by Sprint using Tapatalk.
        First time owner
        89 L carb'd - white / still needs work
        Bought for mpg and only paid $250

Comment

• new axle and motor mount

Well had some issues when I went to the sc meet last weekend,for starters my fan wasn't working,bad switch easy fix,but my motor mount went bad and was rubbing the return hose when I put it in reverse fixed that"thanks danny"and while I had it up on the lift I seen my trans seal was leaking so installed a new dr side axle and seal.. Also replaced the thermostat today 2nd one in 2 weeks..and I did all this without the help of kartracer "@ john" you see I can work on cars and yes I own my own shop and I do make money@ my shop!! Not everyone knows everyting,I seen kartracer call on someone just yesterday to ask a ?? So we are not all perfect" john pu241". Whoop whoop mmfwcl
          89 automatic festiva lx icp clown car whoop whoop
          96 jeep Cherokee sport ms daisy

Comment

• I put an original muffler back on it, and replaced my worn out rear wiper motor.
            -Josh R

Comment

• Originally posted by brickdog2000 View Post
              put my exhaust back on. Now she is louder and sounds like a horse galloping. I think its almost time to just part her out. Yeah she saves me gas cause i aint driving her, but what I dont spend in gas I spend double to triple in dam parts.

You know I am not that far away if you need some help, If nothing else get it up here and we'll take a look at it.
              91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
              82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
              85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• Originally posted by ICPstiva View Post
                Well had some issues when I went to the sc meet last weekend,for starters my fan wasn't working,bad switch easy fix,but my motor mount went bad and was rubbing the return hose when I put it in reverse fixed that"thanks danny"and while I had it up on the lift I seen my trans seal was leaking so installed a new dr side axle and seal.. Also replaced the thermostat today 2nd one in 2 weeks..and I did all this without the help of kartracer "@ john" you see I can work on cars and yes I own my own shop and I do make money@ my shop!! Not everyone knows everyting,I seen kartracer call on someone just yesterday to ask a ?? So we are not all perfect" john pu241". Whoop whoop mmfwcl

Yes I did, I called FestBoy and Pu241 to ask about a possible issue in the baffle of a valve cover causing an extreme crankcase pressure condition.
                91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• Had a fuse popping yesterday. It had happened before on cream puff before it was mine. The fuse that runs the horn runs the brake lights as well. I put a new fuse in pushed the brake pedal and pop. Unplugged the drivers side taillight harness, no probs there. Then as I eyeballed the pass side taillight assembly I remembered that I had to replace the third brake light assembly when I got the car. A screw inside that held the ground was loose. Tightened her down and was back in business.
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• wow what a pitb with that ground paul
                    Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• I dismantled a cylinder head and got it prepared to do a valve job and replace the valve seals that were as hard as hell. Cam looks good and the lobes are all within tolerance so no new cam, yea. The head is line bored and decked, so when my seals come all i have to do is lap the valves in and re-assemble the head.
                      Last edited by kartracer46; 04-18-2011, 03:46 PM.
                      91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                      85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• getting ready to do the brakes..... ASPIRE BRAKE SWAP HERE I COME!!!!
                        Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                        89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                        Projects in the works:
                        84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

• I thought about buying parts until I dumped 100 bucks into my truck so I can get to work and back. Now I have to wait until later.
                          Man should eat when he can for Man does not know when his last meal will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by kartracer46 View Post
                            I dismantled a cylinder head and got it prepared to do a valve job and replace the valve seals that were as hard as hell. Cam looks good and the lobes are all within tolerance so no new cam, yea. The head is line bored and decked, so when my seals come all i have to do is lap the valves in and re-assemble the head.
                            Would love to see this as a how to pictorial sticky.
                            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• I drove my Festy to work today after just finishing my motor and tranny swap yesterday half the time on the highway I forgot I had a 5th gear :sign5:

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
                              91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

• Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                                Would love to see this as a how to pictorial sticky.
                                I second this motion.

And do you HAVE to deck this and that? Is there just no way you can just remove head/ reseal/ put head back on?
                                Buck.
                                -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                                -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                                -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

Working...
                                X