Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice wheels!
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Replaced the front trans/engine mount. OMG, its like a while new car. I new the mount was bad, but i didnt realize HOW bad.

Can the rear mount go bad also? I was looking at it and it just looks like a slab of rubber, so it seems like it couldn't really fail?

Comment

• ^ it does separate, you'll notice mostly on decel, it'll have a bouncy feel when you let off the accelerator. When it's really bad you'll hear a pounding or knocking. If your making a lot more torque than stock it'll cause torque steer and wheel hop.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Stared at it longingly... Starting a new job today, so I'll be renewing plates on it soon.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.
          91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
          92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
          95 Grand Prix SE DD
          Wife's Stuff:
          89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
          97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
          Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

• Originally posted by link5186 View Post
            Stared at it longingly... Starting a new job today, so I'll be renewing plates on it soon.
            Where at?
            '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
            '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
            '92 Aqua parts Car
            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
            '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
            Your holy ghost will not save you.
            Your God plutonium will not save you.
            In fact...
            ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• In my driveway!

Oh, job . Starting at Jack's pizza in greenfield. Shift starts in less than an hour. Best part is I'll still be off for Indystiva and Madness!

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.
              91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
              92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
              95 Grand Prix SE DD
              Wife's Stuff:
              89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
              97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
              Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

• My neighbor helped me put on the nearly-rust-free hatch from the parts car. Buffed up all shiny. Of course now I have to put the rear defrost back in at some point..

Now my car is almost rust-free. One rot out point under the driver's door (the jacking point), but other than that, just a lotta dents.

Guess I'll hafta get to the interior now.

Also, according to the parts car hatch, I now have a Festiva L from Salem, Indiana. :cheers:
                White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                1988 LX 5-speed
                ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• This is for M3NTAL :p
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                  The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

• ^^^FTW!
                    Mike Holmgren
                    Thief Rvr Fls, MN
                    1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
                    "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

• I removed the engine from Virginia after work today. Took about 4 hours by myself, working in the gravel (103 degrees), with no air tools or engine hoist and it got dark halfway through, lol. I also separated the outer CV joints from the axle shafts to put them in the hubs so the car can be moved around without the hubs falling apart.

Before

After

Tired B3 sitting in the gravel. She'll stay automatic, but what will she get for an engine? Hmmmm
                      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• I spy with my little eye..... A Capri lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                          I spy with my little eye..... A Capri lol
                          That's not a Capri! That's the ultra-rare Mercury Donorcar. They only made a few of them, and I happen to own one... And you say you know cars! :evil4:
                          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• No, you both are mistaken. That's a Larry. Larry was to be tweaks donor, but with 70k original miles, 1 owner (before me) and everything works properly, I can't cut Larry. So Larry lives on, knowing full well what will become of him if he ever makes me mad. Lol.

Comment

• Oil change and a full tank of gas. May have time in the next few days to get the Tein coil-overs installed on the front.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
                              Ian
                              Calgary AB, Canada
                              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Hey Ian, how is my old one doing? How many K's on it now? Any mods?

Comment

Working...
                                X