Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    That little resonator made a huge difference! Pics tomorrow of it installed.
    Im gunna go on a limb and say you made the whole resonator, not just welded a flange on the end....
    Ford Fester

Comment

• Originally posted by RhodeStiva View Post
      what pipe ? the air intake is from an aspire
      thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
        Painted the A-pillar interior panels black. Painting headliner black tomorrow.
        Im gonna paint my rear speaker plastics black tomorrow with krylon fusion. What are you gonna use to paint the headliner?
        2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8 (Wifes)
        2002 Ford Excursion (Family Mobile)
        1988 Ford Festiva LX (Mine)

Comment

• New bottom end, finally using my swaintech coated pistons, ACL race series bearings, and the main studs.

Got it all in, 40 miles down. Need to get it broke in for madness. This is going to be a long couple weeks wth a slipping clutch over 8psi...
          Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
          93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
          91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
          93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
          15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
          88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

• Wow... I thought I was doing good. I just replaced the Wheel Cylinder on the passenger side rear. The old one was DESTROYED!

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
            1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
            1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
            1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
            1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
            1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
            1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

• Had way too much fun with the B8 this Summer. My Exedy clutch finally said "no mas".

So I put this in.

I'll let you know how good it is after I break it in.

Yes, I know about the axle. It was replaced.
              Last edited by JPT; 09-16-2012, 08:54 PM.
              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

• Darn it. Well, good and bad. I put that new-used VAF on the other day and FINALLY!! got over 27MPG. I hit 32.25 with mostly in-town driving. No more CEL at all, either.

I figured my next problem came from the VAF, but it evidently didn't. If I'm driving at 25-30ish (gravel roads, usually lots of hills), I'll manually shift down to 2nd gear (Automatic trans). I'll get a few miles down the road and look in the mirror.. loads of smoke. Dunno if it's white or grey, kinda in the middle.

I've done a complete tune-up (including fuel/air filters, no gaskets), and it still persists. I know I can just not use 2nd, but I hate having to lay on the brake whenever I go backroading.

Any ideas?
                White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                1988 LX 5-speed
                ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Originally posted by gadelbert1 View Post
                  Went from one 12" subwoofer to two. A single 12" box with a square side port, to a dual 12" bandpass box with 4 round ports. Running them out of phase... It's officially LOUD now.
                  ummm why are you running them out of phase...? you're loosing power that way as the ports aren't isolated from eachother (but can't tecnicaly acouticly couple either due to distance, though they will sound that way). are each of the 12s isolated within the box, or do they share a chamber?
                  Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                  94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• Painted the headliner today, then put it and the painted A-pillar trim pieces back in, also painted the little coat hangers black.

Originally posted by RhodeStiva View Post
                    where's the pictures?
                    Would have got some today, but my cell's battery is dead. Will get some tomorrow after I paint my bumpers. Picked up some paint meant for exterior trim and bumpers.

Originally posted by pointA2B View Post
                    Im gonna paint my rear speaker plastics black tomorrow with krylon fusion. What are you gonna use to paint the headliner?
                    I didn't even use Krylon fusion :p, I used Valspar plastic paint for my a-pillar trim, worked really well, only prep I had done was use some surface cleaner.

But anyway, after looking at what they had at Lowes, I didn't see any spray paint meant for vinyl. So I used what I had left of the plastic paint to do the headliner. (Also used a bit of the bumper paint for the last layer since my can of valspar ran out.)

Only time will tell if it holds ups.
                    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Drove it today... man this thing is a blast to drive with Aspire swap! Even with crappy primewell tires it'll stick in the corners to the point the fuel gauge shows the exact opposite. One tip I can give is do the back first don't swap in front without the rear or you'll have adverse handling.. actually oh crap handling!
                      91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

• Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                        ummm why are you running them out of phase...? you're loosing power that way as the ports aren't isolated from eachother (but can't tecnicaly acouticly couple either due to distance, though they will sound that way). are each of the 12s isolated within the box, or do they share a chamber?
                        Each of the 12's is isolated. The ports are isolated. This is similar to my box. (except my ports aren't ghetto chrome )Running out of phase, I'm essentially cutting ohms in half, basically doubling power (I'm not running a BIG amp, as I've had issues with Festivas and big amps before.

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
                        1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                        1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
                        1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
                        1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                        1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
                        1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

• Installed my "new to me" rear hatch this morning.

-Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                          Random Festiva Parts
                          Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Cool, Rafe. Looks good.
                            In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Thanks! I think I need to adjust the bolts on the right side though. It doesn't seem to be sitting as flush as the left. I could actually see some daylight between the rubber seal and the hatch. I did remove the old and install the new by myself though. It wasn't quite as hard as I thought it was going to be.
                              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                              Random Festiva Parts
                              Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Originally posted by JPT View Post
                                Had way too much fun with the B8 this Summer. My Exedy clutch finally said "no mas".

So I put this in.

I'll let you know how good it is after I break it in.

Yes, I know about the axle. It was replaced.
                                Hope you have better luck than me. Mine slipped instantly with my b8. I broke it in with me b3 and installed it and the flywheel with the motor swap and it started slipping instantly....it was the stage 1.
                                Ford Fester

Comment

Working...
                                X