Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ford Fester View Post
    I hate/love how good you are at everything. Even with panels removed you make it look factory.
    Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
    Advanced, that looks really clean man. Well done!
    Thanks guys. I just hope it takes a big bite out of the cabin noise. I'll find out tomorrow. If it makes a big difference, I'll probably make something similar than hinges in the center so it can be taken in and out. This one will have to be destroyed to be removed.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Eyelids!

Wasnt sure if i'd like 'em on a red Festy, thought i'd try it to see.

I likey!
      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

• Finished my first Aspire brake swap today on the '91.
        '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
        '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
        '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
        '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
        '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
        '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
        '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

• Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
          Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

• After having to wait two days, because it was "Special Order" I received my Air Filter. (Special order at both Autozone, and O'Reilly... REALLY)

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
            1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
            1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
            1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
            1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
            1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
            1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

• I picked one up off the shelf at AZ. But I think it was a "oops" return. Had a label on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by drddan View Post

Wasnt sure if i'd like 'em on a red Festy, thought i'd try it to see.

I likey!
                Grrrrr, I'm going to eat you, said the Festiva! Hey, I'd like to see those angry eyes in red!
                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• good and washed the car today looks good
                  ^before
                  V after

And change the motor mounts out on this one.
                  a great day before my birthday tomorrow. And he payed for the paint thank you Jared. __________________
                  ;
                  www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
                  rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
                  http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
                  http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
                  '92 Festiva L M/T
                  '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

• Just finished a mechanical timing advance mod on the carby car. Broke down the distributor and removed the stock mech advance springs. Replaced them with a stiffer set from a mcparts store spring advance kit for GM hei dizzies. I used the yellow springs (3 sets and weights in the package). They were a pain to get on because they're a bit short for this application, but initial test results are pretty promising. I moves the advance arms outward fully a few times to be sure the springs would take the extra stretch without breaking.

After throwing it back together I ran a test at stock timing. TDC base for carbies. It accelerates like a turd. Expected as the stiffer springs reduce the mechanical advance effect.

4* btdc base yields a minor improvement but still turd-like.

Getting more extreme at 10* btdc base, acceleration is pretty good and there is still no spark knock.

Time to go balls out at the top of the scale. With 16* btdc base timing it accelerates great without spark knock. Long term test results pending, but I will be sticking with it at 16* for now. I could probably get away with even more advance, but I'm out of scale and I want to be sure nothing will break before madness.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.
                    Last edited by link5186; 09-30-2012, 12:46 PM.
                    91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
                    92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
                    95 Grand Prix SE DD
                    Wife's Stuff:
                    89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
                    97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
                    Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
                    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

• Double post, sorry!
                      Last edited by link5186; 09-30-2012, 12:45 PM.
                      91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
                      92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
                      95 Grand Prix SE DD
                      Wife's Stuff:
                      89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
                      97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
                      Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
                      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

• Checked tranny fluid for the first time since I bought the car, fluid is full and very very clean.
                        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Oil change and fresh spark plugs.

Comment

• Did an oil and filter change. Full synthetic 5w-30 (cold months coming). I was very happy with my first 4,000 miles on 10w-30 synthetic so I went with the like again. Got a $10 rebate on the $21 5.1qt jug!
                            -Zack
                            Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• Just bought a clutch kit off ebay for $31.00 WIN
                              Frankie

fully custom 88 festy (project doomsday) Febuary in 2012 calander
                              Blockspire: ken block replica aspire
                              AdvancedDynamix: "If you put the same kind of effort into your engine that you put into the rest of the car, well... it'll be epic". thanks man

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000110128487

Comment

• Today I pulled the motor, replaced rear main seal, flywheel/clutch, timing belt pulleys, and installed bigger injectors, then put it back together and went cruising

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                                X