No announcement yet.

pure-gas.org

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been gone for a bit. I see pure-gas.org now lists 7180 sources for 100% gasoline. Unfortunately, my state lists only about 20 more sources than previously, & my region has lost several sources. I do understand a 100% gasoline station may open in Arlington with enthusiastic owners. I checked the 100% gasoline source in Anacortes, WA. It is 87 octane. However, you have to carry gas canisters across a walking bridge to a marine fuel dock. But the price is fairly reasonable for the wild prices in Washington state & for marine sources.

S. Dakota now lists 68 sources, Wisconsin lists an incredible 665 sources, but I figured out only about 13% of those sources have as low as 87 octane. Florida has 426 sources, but the vast majority are for high octane. Many sources are for commercial businesses, like CFN or Pacific Pride with minimum yearly purchases, like 900 gallons or more. With the great mpg numbers my cars put up, I would have to travel 35-40,000 miles per year. Maybe, you can organize your neighborhood...........

But 7000+ sources listed. That's incredible! Years ago, pure-gas.org started with less than 2000 sources.

Traded my Dodge Caliber in for a Hyundai 6 speed automatic Elantra. Hyundai partially owns KIA, the maker of the body of our Ford Festiva. I was hoping the Elantra would get 15% better mpg. At this point, it is 19% ahead of the Caliber. I'm sure tho, Elantra mpg will slide downward, as late fall & winter progress. We'll see if it can hold above 15% better than Caliber. Think it will. Anyhow, Elantra, bad-mouthed for bad mpg, is averaging a surprising & excellent 39+mpg, but with an unusually small 15% of city driving for me.
    Last edited by litesong; 08-25-2013, 01:49 AM. Reason: word change

Comment

• Doom and gloom here.
      1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
      1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
      1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
      1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
      2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
      2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
      2005 Accord - wife's DD
      2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
      2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

• Originally posted by litesong View Post
        only 35 stations sell 100% pure gasoline in S. Dakota, the bordering state of Wisconsin has increased its stations selling 100% pure gasoline from less than 550 to 581 in less than a year. Wisconsin 100% pure gasoline stations account for almost 10% of all stations in the U.S. & Canada selling 100% pure gasoline.
        Tho S. Dakota was one of the states thought to be 100% gasoline doomed, in 13 months the 35 ethanol-free stations have burgeoned to 73 stations, many stations selling the delightfully appropriate 85 octane, which works very well at high elevations. Wisconsin, holder of 10% of all ethanol-free stations in the U.S. & Canada, has increased by almost another 100 stations, to 678 stations. THO with many more stations, Wisconsin now has LESS than 10% of stations, with total stations in the U.S. & Canada now BEYOND three quarters of 10,000 stations, as pure-gas.org presently lists. All these increasing ethanol free stations are breaching the walls that the EPA tried to construct, so the ethanol industry could foist their worthless ethanol which does not work in low compression ratio gasoline engines, onto the American & Canadian public.

All this is due to grassroots efforts by increasing numbers of people, who have tested 10% ethanol blends & find it worthless. Certainly, NASCAR fans have spearheaded the efforts to show ethanol worthlessness in low compression ratio gasoline engines. Almost one half of all ethanol-free 100% gasoline sources are in the NASCAR-heavy southeast. EPA, in its slowness to see the worthlessness of ethanol, still hammers away to force stations to sell 10% ethanol blends & even the more worthless & damaging 15% ethanol blends. But the grassroots are showing their strength by turning the numbers away from what the EPA & ethanol industry want. Belatedly, the auto industry has finally protested the poison of 15% ethanol blends. And of course, 10% ethanol blends are two thirds the poison of 15% ethanol blends.

Why hasn't the oil industry protested the ethanol being dumped into their gasoline stocks?????? The answer is very easy to understand. The oil industry knew from the beginning that 10% ethanol blends cut gasoline mpg by 5% to even 10+%. Coupled to the severe mpg losses, oil is also used to make ethanol. Yes, making ethanol & using (not burning) ethanol in low compression ratio gasoline engines uses MORE national oil stocks than just using 100% gasoline in vehicles. So the oil industry makes more money!

People who know 100% gasoline, answer with their pocketbooks & pay for 100% gasoline. They increasingly are more vocal about their need for 100% gasoline.......... three quarters of 10,000 stations & growing. There are actually 258 stations selling 100% gasoline in New York state! I note at pure-gas.org that New Jersey, which had no stations selling 100% gasoline, now has one station selling 100% gasoline. ha ha ha
        Last edited by litesong; 11-04-2013, 12:27 AM.

Comment

• There are enough old and older cars (and vintage 2 and 4 stroke small engines) out there to justify sale of pure gas and if I was a retailer I would lay in lots of the stuff and get the word out. I don't own a modern car but if I understand correctly the computer controls in them have no problem at all accommodating ethanol (and the attendant mileage drop) so it really doesn't bother me that blends are available and common but I do like to have the option not to have to buy into the stuff. Especially in the colder months when I need all the fuel atomizing and volatility help I can get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bert View Post
            There are enough old and older cars (and vintage 2 and 4 stroke small engines) out there to justify sale of pure gas...... I don't own a modern car but if I understand correctly the computer controls in them have no problem at all accommodating ethanol (and the attendant mileage drop)..... I do like to have the option not to have to buy into the stuff.
            I'm glad you agree that 100% gasoline needs to be available. It is NOT available for well over one half of the population & many stations only have specialty octanes available. Computer controls may half-heartedly work, but modern gasoline engines still don't run properly, as your mention of less mpg indicates. Many modern cars indicate 7% to even 10% mpg drop with 10% ethanol blends. For those modern ten percenters(including hybrid cars such as the Prius), it shows that ethanol provides no power what so ever. A decade of records for my three cars indicate 8%, 7% & 5% mpg increases when switched to 100% gasoline. My 2013 Hyundai Elantra, bad-mouthed for poor mpg, is averaging 39+mpg by using only 100% gasoline. At one point, 7 out of 11 tanks delivered 40mpg or more! In particular, "atkinson cycle" gasoline engines, developed for many efficient modern cars, are struggling with mpg, while trying to use ethanol blends. The "atkinson cycle" is designed to deliver a long efficient power stroke, but ethanol is failing to provide power.

Comment

• Thanks to Ohio laws, there is no way to tell what stations have 100% pure gas or not because they are not required to tell you, so NONE of them do.
              Last edited by TorqueEffect; 11-05-2013, 11:52 AM.
              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Here is a map list of ethanol free stations

http://www.historicvehicle.org/Resou...s/Pure-Gas-Map

Torqueffect, there are 2 in huntsville, according to above map. 90 octane
                Last edited by drddan; 11-05-2013, 02:24 PM.
                Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                  there is no way to tell what stations have 100% pure gas .......
                  Originally posted by drddan View Post
                  Here is a map list of ethanol free stations
                  A better website is pure-gas.org

Yes, no 100% gasoline near your Fairborn area. If you often drive near a more distant 100% station, it might be viable for you. Also, look closely for 100% gasoline at airports or marinas. 100% gasoline sources may be unadvertised, behind buildings, or on fuel docks where you have to carry gas containers. Try Caesar Creek Lake or Clarence J. Brown Reservoir.

Comment

• If you lived in Iowa every gas station has ethanol free regular gas. I know this does not help you. good luck finding Reg unleaded.
                    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• Originally posted by sc72 View Post
                      If you lived in Iowa every gas station has ethanol free regular gas.
                      If you know that for sure, pure-gas.org would love to receive communication from you. They only have 93 sources for 100% gasoline in their Iowa state listings.

Comment

• I have, they don't do a good job of updating there site.
                        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• Originally posted by sc72 View Post
                          I have, they don't do a good job of updating there(sic) site.
                          I agree with you. "they" is only one person, needing the volunteer help of all persons who know where the sources are. Because of knowledge you have that all Iowa stations have 100% gasoline, you could really help the site to update Iowa 100% sources.

Comment

• I'll give it a shot again.

Comment

• I didn't know there was such a thing as hitting the blend wall.

Comment

• "Pure Gas" smart phone app

A simple front end app for the Pure-Gas.org website. Easily get directions to ethanol free stations.

Comment

Working...
                                X