4GREEN GRAB BAG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
    the engine cradle bushings get all squished and split after 20 years. here's new replacements for the front and rear. either bushing was $1.43 and the special bolts just .81 cents.

Oh Yes,this pic makes me Happy.
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

• Originally posted by moz View Post
      Great find! I was very sceptical about paying $180 for a set from the Philippines.
      Edit.... Talking about the euro lights also
      I actually bought the last set (so I was told) from Junspeed about (18?) months ago. Paid about $100 for them, I think? Nice to know FourGreen has 'em!
      88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
      88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
      91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
      93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• the 4G tailites have no DOT approval molded into the lens so they are for OFF ROAD USE ONLY.

Comment

• i never actually removed one of these from a festy but just looking under the dash seems to confirm that this pride pedal assy is correct. only puzzle is that the axial return springs shown in the diagram (marked with asterisk) aren't visible on this assy. still, a smokin deal at $43 and heavy too. shipping is gonna be about as much as the part. kia part# KK156 43 300K.

Comment

the 4G tailites have no DOT approval molded into the lens so they are for OFF ROAD USE ONLY.
            On road, off road.. Doesn't matter.

Sent from the depths of hell.
            Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
            Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
            Highway - 7.32L/100km
            City - yet to be determined.

Comment

i never actually removed one of these from a festy but just looking under the dash seems to confirm that this pride pedal assy is correct. only puzzle is that the axial return springs shown in the diagram (marked with asterisk) aren't visible on this assy. still, a smokin deal at $43 and heavy too. shipping is gonna be about as much as the part. kia part# KK156 43 300K.

Id hazard a guess to say that the old school one is designed like the one in the diagram...

The newer one, has the two springs that are pictured.

I don't see why you couldn't swap them out.

Avg Economy:
              Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

here's a surprise 4G find. i wasn't really sure what i'd be getting when i researched these tailights that were listed for the kia 5 door philippines Pride pre-1995. these have the euro style turn signal placement. comes with gasket and light bulbs. the black housing isn't as shiny as the equivalent ford parts but that makes them easier to keep clean, and at $33.79 each, a steal. somebody was asking hundreds of $ for a set of these recently. RH - KK322 51 150B. LH - KK322 51 160B.

I found this part number and wasn't sure if this might be of any interest..

The number is for a set of tail light or one of the pair.

KK322-51140L

Avg Economy:
                Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

• Got another question, I've seen headlight dipping switches for our cars but can't find the headlights that suit.. Any ideas as I've love to have those.

Last edited by jawbraeka; 03-02-2014, 10:29 PM.

Avg Economy:
                  Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

• Originally posted by jawbraeka View Post
                    Got another question, I've seen headlight dipping switches for our cars but can't find the headlights that suit.. Any ideas as I've love to have those.

Headlight "dipping" switches? What the heck is that????? hmmmmmm
                    Last edited by Twistiva; 03-03-2014, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• jaw- that tailite part# is just for the left red lens. if you had good housings and wanted a go with the heat gun you could get all 6 lenses you'd need nd restore it but why bother?
                      headlamp leveling. you want the motors or the dash switch. kia pride or mazda 121. they use different motors. you also have to get the bracket that the headlamp mounts in. these are special for swiveling up and down. driver adjustable headlamps were standard, at least on all later model UK prides.

Comment

jaw- that tailite part# is just for the left red lens. if you had good housings and wanted a go with the heat gun you could get all 6 lenses you'd need nd restore it but why bother?
                        headlamp leveling. you want the motors or the dash switch. kia pride or mazda 121. they use different motors. you also have to get the bracket that the headlamp mounts in. these are special for swiveling up and down. driver adjustable headlamps were standard, at least on all later model UK prides.
                        Definitely kia pride.. Mazda 121 wouldn't work without me changing grille and all that.. I just want the headlights, brackets, wiring and switch.

Avg Economy:
                        Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

jaw- that tailite part# is just for the left red lens. if you had good housings and wanted a go with the heat gun you could get all 6 lenses you'd need nd restore it but why bother?
                          Cool! Never heard of headlights that actually rotated vertically up and down! I learn something new every day..... :p

Comment

• Originally posted by Twistiva View Post
                            Cool! Never heard of headlights that actually rotated vertically up and down! I learn something new every day..... :p
                            There for highway driving with high beams on without having to turn them off.. Just point them down instead

Avg Economy:
                            Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

• Just as a quick tip, a lot of modern cars have these as a feature.. My gfs holden/vaxhaull/chev astra has them.. And hers is a 2004 (model TS)

Avg Economy:
                              Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

• driver adjustable head lights were mandated overseas when halogen and even brighter HID, Xenon were installed. there were safety concerns that these lights could be dangerous to oncoming drivers if due to a heavy rear load of passengers or cargo. now new cars over there with the brighter headlamps are required to have these systems adjust the headlamp aiming automatically with no driver input. this is something we should have over here but probably don't because of the added complexity, cost and the manufacturers lobby. Ebay Germany has a lot of the Pride adjusting headlamps. here is an auction for the switch.

Comment

Working...
                                X