The Festiva Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nonamekid View Post
    Headlights and corner lights are specific to the grille. I will be getting those also and will sell it as a complete kit. These grilles also had the option for motorized headlights that could be adjusted vertically. I will have the switch to be included with the headlights so that those can be hooked up also.
    just to mention, the motorized 121 DA headlamps will require cutting the rad support to clear the stepper motors. unless you can find a DA1453100C support.

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
      just to mention, the motorized 121 DA headlamps will require cutting the rad support to clear the stepper motors. unless you can find a DA1453100C support.
      Thanks for the heads up! I think I can get that support, but it would be easier to cut the support or just strip off the motors.
      The Festiva Store
      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

more hijackin but just to help potential buyers to decide. white aussie "shades" & super rare special edition w/13" alloys. both w/ 2 pc. bumper.

Comment

Thanks for the pics!
          The white one also has headlight covers, if anyone was wondering what those black lines were over the headlights.

And as a side note, I don't have the grilles in stock yet. They are in route to my broker, then they will be in route to the US. I am trying to get multiple grilles shipped together to save on shipping cost.
          The Festiva Store

Comment

NEW ITEM IN STOCK!!!

Intermediate Shaft Adapter. This adapter will allow you to bolt a stock XR2 intermediate shaft to the BP. No modifications necessary. The adapter is made out of a aluminum and includes all the hardware necessary to bolt the adapter to the block and the intermediate shaft to the adapter. Price is $55 plus shipping

IMG_1503.jpg

These install pics show old bolts. All kits will come with brand new bolts.

Last edited by nonamekid; 02-04-2015, 10:03 AM.
            The Festiva Store

Comment

^^that will be an item that should sell really well!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Saving up my pennies now, my IM is barely hanging on by one bolt I believe right now.

Comment

awesome looking stuff there mate!!!!!!! keep up the good work!!!!!

Comment

The Festiva Store gets more awesome with each day!
                    Last edited by drddan; 02-04-2015, 02:55 PM.
                    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

ooh i have this in my basket. it will save me the fabrication but i'm curious. how thick is the metal under the sunken bolts? i know some concession had to be made to keep the bearing as close to the block as originally intended. the OEM capri bracket is about 3/8" thick. whether this is what mazda decided was needed for strength i don't know. is there any significant force during acceleration that wants to pull the bearing/bracket away from the block? once again, i don't know but if so, would there be a horsepower/torque limit to this adapter?

Comment

If there was any torque put on the bracket during an acceleration, it should be minimal if the bearing is good. If the bearing is bad in the intermediate shaft, that would give you all sorts of problems.

I will have to measure the thickness with the micrometer under the sunken bolts and get back to you on answer for that. It roughly measures to be 1/20 of inch on the lower bolts and 1/10 if an inch on the upper bolt. The upper bolt will be taking most of the force.

The other thing to remember is that if the bracket had been built any thicker it would have rotated the intermediate shaft even more, which would have placed it in the same spot as the oil filter.
                        The Festiva Store

Comment

I'd feel more then comfortable running that bracket on my car, just saying

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Can you take a side picture to show the angle of the bracket ? Should be thicker at the top then bottom to allow rotation of the bracket from block , correct ?
                            New build on the way .

Comment

Double post . Stupid phone
                              Last edited by shadetree; 02-05-2015, 07:44 PM.
                              New build on the way .

Comment

IMG_1504.jpg
                                It is propped up on a folded piece of paper because I was getting a really bad glare from the light.

1.5mm thickness under the bottom bolts
                                3.0mm thickness under the upper bolt
                                Last edited by nonamekid; 02-06-2015, 09:14 AM.
                                The Festiva Store

Comment

Working...
                                X