B series intake manifolds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B series intake manifolds

I'm going to be ramping up on my mass product of b intakes within the next month and a half. I can offer passenger, driver or valve cover throttle body positioning, powder coating, but probably not polishing. Secondary injector bungs, water injection ports. Vacuum distribution on the rear of the plenum. I could do egr if interested in keeping yours incorporated. What kind of price would it take to get you interested. Full manifolds are obviously going to cost more than b3 upper manifold upgrades. Lmk k.

Are you talking about a one-piece intake or just a custom upper half?

I would think pass. side upper manifolds would be very popular. I could use one for my Aspire. I would send you an Aspire intake upper half to work with in case there were any significant differences to the Festy one, like bolt pattern to connect to the lower half. I see little point in valve-cover positioning, since we already have that and it does require another curve in the airflow. With the TB coming out the driver or pass. side, it's a straight shot downward, and as a bonus gives easy access to the injectors, and pulling the valve cover.
    Last edited by TominMO; 01-16-2015, 03:56 PM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
      Are you talking about a one-piece intake or just a custom upper half?

I would think pass. side upper manifolds would be very popular. I could use one for my Aspire. I would send you an Aspire intake upper half to work with in case there were any significant differences to the Festy one, like bolt pattern to connect to the lower half. I see little point in valve-cover positioning, since we already have that and it does require another curve in the airflow. With the TB coming out the driver or pass. side, it's a straight shot downward, and as a bonus gives easy access to the injectors, and pulling the valve cover.
      B6t intakes are all one piece, so there's that. But yes, the aspire and festiva have different bolt patterns between the upper and lower piece. But I believe the port spacing and size is identical.

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
        B6t intakes are all one piece, so there's that. But yes, the aspire and festiva have different bolt patterns between the upper and lower piece. But I believe the port spacing and size is identical.
        I'm pretty sure you're right about port spacing/size and bolt pattern, as far as bolting to the head. I'm guessing if you did an upper Aspire or Festy intake piece with the TB on the pass. side, the IAC could stay pretty much where it is. The VAF/MAF could be attached almost directly to the TB, with a short piece of connecting tubing like the silicon tubing made for turbo intakes.
        Last edited by TominMO; 01-16-2015, 06:30 PM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Interested!

Comment

Originally posted by jhli View Post
            Interested!
            The question was though, how much to make you interested. Im thinking $150 for aspire and festiva upper manifolds. Non powder coated. Does that draw your attention. Will look similar to this except a square plenum instead of that mail box extrude.

Comment

Yeah, that's cool. I see that it doesn't have a provision for the IAC. Turn it around, slap the IAC mount on the driver side, you got a winner. People would just need to extend the VAF or MAF wiring a foot or two to reach its new location. Also need a custom bracket for the throttle cable; simple to do. You could sell it as an extra, or included in the price.

If necessary, I could even do without the IAC. Matt D's custom intake (which I seem to have misplaced) didn't have it. After a couple minutes to warm up, it drove fine. Just make sure it's short enough to close the hood without cutting into the hood supports, like Matt D had to do. Those dimensions might be different for Festy and Aspire.

Oh BTW I think that is a very fair price point.

Also, would you consider making a 4-into-2 or 4-into-1 full manifold for a Weber carb?
              Last edited by TominMO; 01-16-2015, 09:12 PM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

The VAF wiring on a Festiva actually comes from the drivers side, so there is plenty of wire, but it'll require a little repositioning of the harness, maybe some unwrapping and rewrapping of the VAF wires. I can't say where the harness goes on an aspire.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                  The VAF wiring on a Festiva actually comes from the drivers side, so there is plenty of wire, but it'll require a little repositioning of the harness, maybe some unwrapping and rewrapping of the VAF wires. I can't say where the harness goes on an aspire.
                  Good point. I think on the Aspire it does come from the pass. side somehow. I should check on that.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

I'd be willing to pay a bit more for a complete out of the box plug and play.

Comment

I'd be willing to pay a bit more for a complete out of the box plug and play.
                      Not necessary. It's not that hard to pull stuff off the old intake and stick it on the new one, or deal with the VAF wiring. An afternoon's work.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Afternoon for you 3 day's for me.

Comment

1. Will a strut brace clear it?

2. Could it be made as a single unit?

3. What Performance Improvement can be expected? (Besides the 2x plus COOL factor.)
                          I hate being Bi-Polar, it's awesome.

Comment

Afternoon for you 3 day's for me.

Just a little practice is all you need.
                            Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                            Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                            "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by frogman View Post
                              1. Will a strut brace clear it?

2. Could it be made as a single unit?

3. What Performance Improvement can be expected? (Besides the 2x plus COOL factor.)
                              A strut brace can be made to clear it, it's not any different than a factory upper manifold, just designed different, replaced factory upper. Performance gains improved power at the higher rpms

Comment

Working...
                              X