No announcement yet.

B series intake manifolds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To make your oval tube, your best bet would be to make a mandrel that you swage the pipe over. I have a GTR manifold I can try and measure for you.
    1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
    1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
    1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
    1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
    2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
    2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
    2005 Accord - wife's DD
    2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
    2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

I thought about pressing it in a wood dye, and a vice.

Comment

Check this stuff out fellow car nuts. Observe the porting around cylinder 1 and 4
        1/8th inch blade, here's the "plenum"

Comment

Comment

These b3 motors are leaving so much on the Table. Those runners are only drawing from roughly 45 degree angle into the plenum.

Comment

I measured the volume of the factory plenum and found roughly 1l of displacement. Optimal is said to be around 1.1x the engine displacement.

Comment

ill probably leave the b3 plenums around that same displacement, maybe 70cu inches. just around 1.1L. unless someone plans to do a crazy all motor build and wants a air tank plenum sitting on top of their engine.

Comment

Hopefully I can complete my aspire upper manifold prototype by tomorrow night. Pictures will be provided in detail. Along with functional testing and installation notes.

Comment

The aspire flange

Comment

please dont judge my skills based on those holes i drilled for the bolts. lol. i could not find the right sized counter sink bit, so i just used the 1 incher. this is the prototype. it turned out really good i thought. that was the tough part.

Comment

Does anyone know if all the bolts on b3 to bp intakes are the same size?

Comment

I'm glad you explained the countersunk holes. I was thinking, "Brian, what did you do?" lol.

You did a great job with that outer profile. Looking good!
                          Last edited by Advancedynamix; 03-13-2015, 12:53 AM.
                          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

If you mean intake manifold to cylinder head;
                            B3 and B6 through B6ZE use 3 studs and 4 bolts.
                            BPE8, BP4W and MazdaSpeed use 9 studs.
                            All studs are the same B3 through MazdaSpeed,
                            All bolts are the same.

Looks Good !
                            No car too fast !

Comment

I don't know what I think of my welding yet. This is my first ever tig produce I've ever grown. Check out those stacks though. It's pretty f'in cool if you ask me. The way intake air should be breathed

Comment

Nice stacks. The welds will come with time. You may want some preheat on that part to weld it unless you've got 250+ amps with a modified square wave at your disposal. Be patient when welding aluminum, rushing it will make it a fight. You'll get it. That's not bad for your first project.
                                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                                X