B series intake manifolds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
    Yeah, that's cool. I see that it doesn't have a provision for the IAC. Turn it around, slap the IAC mount on the driver side, you got a winner. People would just need to extend the VAF or MAF wiring a foot or two to reach its new location. Also need a custom bracket for the throttle cable; simple to do. You could sell it as an extra, or included in the price.

If necessary, I could even do without the IAC. Matt D's custom intake (which I seem to have misplaced) didn't have it. After a couple minutes to warm up, it drove fine. Just make sure it's short enough to close the hood without cutting into the hood supports, like Matt D had to do. Those dimensions might be different for Festy and Aspire.

Oh BTW I think that is a very fair price point.

Also, would you consider making a 4-into-2 or 4-into-1 full manifold for a Weber carb?
    Mine seems to warm up fine without the iac. No throttle stimulation needed.
    Last edited by bhearts; 01-27-2015, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Does everyone like this emblem. I'm working with a friend to have it engraved into the front plate of le manifolds , about like this,

Key word about..and I'm going to powder coat the emblem for contrast, made to order colors.

Comment

Are they going to be welded together, or epoxy?
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
          Are they going to be welded together, or epoxy?
          Welded. I have a tig welder now. I'm buying material for all sizes as we speak. Going to have a b3, b6d, and bp intake.

Comment

Looking forward to it.

Comment

Does anyone know the relative sizes of the different engines throttle bodies? I'm looking for diameter of the factory intake manifold throttle body opening in mm

Comment

They're all undersized IMO. B6D/T is 50mm. IIRC the BP is 52 or 54mm
                1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
                High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
                Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Adapt a mustang 5.0 tb. Stock tb i believe is 60mm there cheap,and plentiful. Only problem is adapting tps and throttle linkage but shouldn't be a big deal if using stand alone.

Comment

The b3 is 52

Comment

the opening is 52mm. It necks down to 50mm where the throttle plate actually seals.

I've worked with 65mm mustang Tb's, they're a bit tricky to adapt. I had intended to check out some of the Honda throttles because of aftermarket options
                      1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
                      High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
                      Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                        the opening is 52mm. It necks down to 50mm where the throttle plate actually seals.

I've worked with 65mm mustang Tb's, they're a bit tricky to adapt. I had intended to check out some of the Honda throttles because of aftermarket options
                        I could literally make a manifold for any tb imaginable. But it really requires the tps hookup if running stock. Id hope anyone running a bigger tb is using ms though

Comment

Teaser photos of the bits I'm mailing to Brian tomorrow. This should be the beginning of a fun project.

Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Hey Tom, you were wanting an aspire intake first right? I'm probably going to do that first this weekend. One for my aspire, one for yours. You still interested?

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                              Hey Tom, you were wanting an aspire intake first right? I'm probably going to do that first this weekend. One for my aspire, one for yours. You still interested?
                              PMing you.
                              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I might need a b6t intake depending on the turn around time. I'm having trouble fitting the miata intake.

Comment

Working...
                                X