Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dliverance View Post
    Oh man. I want a sunroof so bad
    The least expensive 15x30 sunroofs I had seen before jbibb1 told me about his was $209 on ebay.
    Everything on my old one that I removed from Rosie was good except the hinges and the handle but I've already offered
    the top trim ring with the good seal to someone else.

Comment

• No leaks whatsoever in Rosie's new sunroof after enduring hurricane Matthew.

Comment

• The new Left CV axle that I ordered for Rosie Arrived today. I had put a used one on her earlier but it is was starting to click. Now both left and right will be new. Next week I will be driving her up to the NC Mountains around Asheville....will see how that new engine does with steep hills.

Today I also cleaned up the valve cover that I had taken off the engine in the 93 that I had stripped at the junk yard...came out pretty nice. I'll put it with the head that I had rebuilt and I will have one all cleaned up and ready to go next time I need to change a head.
        [IMG] [/IMG]

Comment

• You need a billet aluminum oil fill cap for your valve cover.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
            You need a billet aluminum oil fill cap for your valve cover.
            Not a bad price and apex-motoring has an excellent feedback score. I think I will order one of those.
            Thanks for the tip.
            Last edited by 1990new; 11-03-2016, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1990new View Post
              Not a bad price and apex-motoring has an excellent feedback score. I think I will order one of those.
              Thanks for the tip.
              Arrived yesterday.. but it is a little too big.

Comment

• Today I put a new master cylinder on Rosie. I had been having problem with the old one as the pedal kept going down whenever I held my foot on it after stopping. Works great with the new one.

Comment

• Was the new cap to big to thread into the vc or just to big for your liking?

Comment

• Originally posted by william View Post
                    Was the new cap to big to thread into the vc or just to big for your liking?
                    I like it but the threaded shaft was too big to screw into the valve cover. It will fit my daughter's Toyota Matrix though.

Comment

• Ah well at least you can still make use of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Power Windows for Rosie

My next update to Rosie will be power windows. The parts arrived today from The_Collector.
                        He gave me a great deal on those parts. I added the wiring for them across the dash when I had it out before.
                        [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Brake booster rebuild kit

So I lied about my next project. Today I replaced the power brake booster on Rose. Found one on ebay that was listed as used but like new..and I was surprised when it arrived. It really was like new.
                          I looked for new and rebuilt ones but they were pretty expensive
                          The brakes had been acting funny for a while. They would be hard to press and then all of a sudden they would be easy and the car would stop quickly so I knew that the booster was the problem.
                          After the booster replacement, the brakes work normal again.

So now I have the old one and was wondering if anyone had ever rebuilt one and if you did where you got the rebuild kit. Looks like my problem is that the seal is leaking around the piston that goes into the master cylinder..probably caused by rust on the shaft close to the seal.
                          Last edited by 1990new; 01-06-2017, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1990new View Post
                            My next update to Rosie will be power windows. The parts arrived today from The_Collector.
                            He gave me a great deal on those parts. I added the wiring for them across the dash when I had it out before.
                            [IMG][/IMG]
                            Decided not to put the power windows in Rosie so I sold these parts to another lucky forum member.

Comment

• Right Fender well Cleanup

I had removed the left fender last year when I was restoring Rosie but I had not removed the right one. This week I removed it, cleaned up everything behind in and also refreshed some sealer at a body joint. Also removed all the windshield molding, clean behind it, and sanded and repainted the molding. When I find my molding clips (or order some new ones) I'll get the molding reinstalled.
                              [IMG] [/IMG]
                              Last edited by 1990new; 02-10-2017, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• The long Rosie project continues: Except for the Left front seat, her current seats are in good condition but I never was able to find a cover for it that was a good as the rest.
                                This past week I bought as set of seats from a 1990 LPlus (Blue Tweed Style) that are in perfect condition. They came from a Festiva with only 50K on it but they had been stored in the rafters of a shed for a few years so were covered with dust and had dirt dobber nests, spiders and assorted bugs in them.
                                I stripped them apart completely, put the covers through the washer, and also washed the seat foam. I'm currently in the process of cleaning all the rust off the unpainted seat backs. When I finish the stripping I will paint them with rust converter before I put the seats back together. I've taken lots of pictures during the process and will post them when I have finished.
                                I also got the door cards from the LPlus. The covers are in great condition but the board backing had gotten wet and is too bad to use. I'm going to remove the facing and attempt to recreate the backing and attach the cover to the new backing so everything in the interior will match.

I also got a red hood, red right fender and a red passenger door. (Rosie's hood was damaged on the front edge and her doors are a little wavy.)
                                Her fenders are good but the left one is rattle can red so isn't a perfect match. So I will have some extra body parts to sell now.

Rosie's drivers seat:
                                Last edited by 1990new; 07-02-2017, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X