No announcement yet.

Rosie - My 1992 Gl Automatic 2016 Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost ready to call the 2016 Rosie Project complete. Cleaned and rebuilt the passenger and rear seat but had not done the driver seat and back frame.
    Today I removed all the surface rust and primed the drivers seat frame that I pulled from the 1993 at the junk yard a few weeks ago.
    I will put a finish black coat on them tomorrow. Next I will pull the covers and foam from Rosies original drivers seat, wash the cover in the washing machine and then install the foam and covers on the freshly painted frames. Still need to pull some new spring wire from an old chair and cut it to fit the seat.
    [IMG] [/IMG]
    Last edited by 1990new; 09-08-2016, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• Today I stripped the covers off of Rosies drivers seat and washed them.
      I put a coat of black paint over the primer for the drivers seat base and back.
      Also cleaned off the surface rust and painted the fan shroud that I pulled from the 93 L 5 speed.
      I may remove the automatic trans fan shroud from Rosie and replace it with this one. Both are in great shape.
      The drivers seat cover is not in the best condition but I will put in back for now and keep searching for one in good condition.
      Tomorrow I will put the drivers seat back together and put it back in Rosie.
      [IMG] [/IMG]

Comment

• Finished Rosie's Drivers seat. The outboard side is badly worn but the seat and back is still in pretty good shape and now all the seats are clean, seat frames and supports rust free and painted. I also finished installing the led courtesy light under the front seats.
        Was going to use one of the 93 shoulder belts but when I washed it the stitches came out. Could shoe shop stitch this?
        [IMG] [/IMG]
        Last edited by 1990new; 09-10-2016, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• Yes they could or a saddle maker could help also but not sure if they would, it would be a liability thing. Good luck
          An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• I heard of someone who went to get it done and they told him it was illegal to sew seatbelts. He said 'would you prefer i used it like this?' And they did it for free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by sc72 View Post
              Yes they could or a saddle maker could help also but not sure if they would, it would be a liability thing. Good luck
              Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
              I heard of someone who went to get it done and they told him it was illegal to sew seatbelts. He said 'would you prefer i used it like this?' And they did it for free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Just another one of the prices we pay to the litigation industry and the trial lawyers who feed off it. We all know that we have a liability system run amok and we pay extra for it every time we buy a product or service. (No personal offence to all those good lawyers out there.)

I guess I could use a "safety" pin.
              Last edited by 1990new; 09-11-2016, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Someone was asking me about the heater box linkage so I'm posting some pictures here from when I first took the dash out of Rosie.
                [IMG] [/IMG]
                Last edited by 1990new; 09-14-2016, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for those pix. New folder made and saved.
                  "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
                  "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
                  "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
                  "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
                  "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
                  "Wenona"-89L parts car
                  "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

• My center armrest that I got from bravekozak is installed and ready for that 5 hour drive to Raleigh on Friday.
                    It makes shifting a little awkward when it's down, but I can just raise it up out of the way for everyday driving.
                    Once I'm cursing in 5th on the highway though, it sure is nice.

[IMG] [/IMG]

Comment

• Originally posted by 1990new View Post

[IMG] [/IMG]
                      Haha, whats so bad about being in 5th?
                      Did you end up taking the transmission apart and replacing the shift shaft and input shaft seals?

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
                        Haha, whats so bad about being in 5th?
                        Did you end up taking the transmission apart and replacing the shift shaft and input shaft seals?
                        No, didn't take it apart. All the oil on it turned out to be motor oil and it didn't appear to have been leaking trans fluid.
                        Been driving in a few weeks now...transmission works great and so far I see no trans fluid leaks anywhere.
                        I did put new seal and bushing in the clutch fork lever shaft though...that was easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1990new View Post
                          I wonder what choice words he has for 1st through 4th...

1990new, I think you wanted to say cruising, just a wild guess
                          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                            I wonder what choice words he has for 1st through 4th...

1990new, I think you wanted to say cruising, just a wild guess
                            Oh NO:laughing7: Not that wild... After I read the first line of your post I got it...
                            I was thinking...what exactly did he mean by that comment? Now I'm laughing out loud too.

Comment

• I bought a new sunroof from jbibb1 at Madness and I got it installed today...just in time for hurricane Matthew.
                              Thanks jbibb1 for a great deal...and thanks for the gloves too. Was great meeting you at Madness.[IMG] [/IMG]
                              Last edited by 1990new; 10-04-2016, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• Oh man. I want a sunroof so bad

Comment

Working...
                                X