ECU Options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Lightning View Post
    Charlie, that sounds like my issue now. It doesn't have the return pipe hooked back up since I went with the EVO system. I was thinking I needed it hooked up but was told that map sensor based system didn't need the return pipe. It hunts, as I call it between 2000-3000 rpm at just off no throttle, maybe 10% or so open not pulling or coasting. AFR's are all over the place when in this condition, I'm definitely gonna get it hooked back up. Idle is good right now.
    Tps should fix all of this. Sounds like you have a lean spot. If you add fuel in this area does it get better or worse?
    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

I will try my rocket chip to see if it works out for me. If the tune is off to much or i just dont like it i will pick up the DIY MS 2 v3.0 from another member on here. Thats a system that i know will nearly bolt on and go. I found a local shop that can tune and that i have had many people tell me there are good.

I now have aa solid plan and a back up. Im good to go.
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
      19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

You need a pnp ms2 3.0 in case. The diy (do it yourself) unit has to be wired so hopefully its right. The pnp (plug and play) unit comes complete you plug it in and go.
        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Team Lightning View Post
          Charlie, that sounds like my issue now. It doesn't have the return pipe hooked back up since I went with the EVO system. I was thinking I needed it hooked up but was told that map sensor based system didn't need the return pipe. It hunts, as I call it between 2000-3000 rpm at just off no throttle, maybe 10% or so open not pulling or coasting. AFR's are all over the place when in this condition, I'm definitely gonna get it hooked back up. Idle is good right now.
          Is your system strictly RPM/MAP/TPS based or do you have a MAF? If your strictly MAP signal than you can run the DV open without noticable fueling issues. If you have a draw through MAF (pre turbo) you need to vent your DVD between the MAF and turbo inlet (as far away from the MAF as you can get it).
          I'm not familiar with the EVO setup. As Mike mentioned, you may have an overly lean spot in the tune or your TPS may not be scaled correctly. Usually an open DV in a closed loop system will cause an overly rich condition at partial throttle (it'll bog down and sputter and "clean out" as boost builds.)
          Last edited by Advancedynamix; 07-22-2016, 09:39 AM.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
            You need a pnp ms2 3.0 in case. The diy (do it yourself) unit has to be wired so hopefully its right. The pnp (plug and play) unit comes complete you plug it in and go.
            This one is from azgtx. It is already made up and ready to go. I would have to buy a new harness and build that up to fit my car. I can do wiring if i have a good guide. Which the MS system has plenty of. I am thinking this one over very hard. I dont want another ecu mess on my hands!!! AT the same time i already have the injectors and cant send them back. So i might as well do the tune the right way and get the ms and take it to a shop and have it all tuned the right way. Still thinking tho.
            1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
            1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
            1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
            19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

There's no maf, only map and tps. I talked to one person with a very similar setup that has map only, not using tps at all.
              Hes pushing 320 to the ground.
              Jerry
              Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
              90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
              92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
              93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

That's a basic speed density setup. The fuel table is RPM/Pressure based. It is simple and works, but can't be fine tuned as well as if you also used a TPS for tip in and transient fuel.

Also, maximum HP show's very little about how the car will actually work. A festiva could be tuned to make 500whp on a dyno pull, but be worthless to actually drive. The HP number doesn't impress me, but if you told me he has no TPS and the car starts and drives smoother than a stock vehicle and his grandmother thinks it's easier to drive than her mini van, then I'm impressed. Lol.
                Last edited by Advancedynamix; 07-22-2016, 01:08 PM.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I thought it was strange his was running only on the map sensor. I had to fix the wiring on my tps when I got the car back. Data logging showed 100% throttle all the time. Tps was wired wrong when it was shipped to us. I've been working on the tune a little lately. It's running better but not where I was told it should be.
                  Last edited by Team Lightning; 07-22-2016, 01:17 PM.
                  Jerry
                  Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                  90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                  92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                  93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Working...
                  X