No announcement yet.

carbed festy starving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, I was going to give it a good tune up.....my mileage has gotten worse....I'm down to like 34 mpg

Comment

Oh yea, I can REALLY notice something now.....when I hear the click from behind the dash it runs noticeably crappier now

Comment

My click quit. It wasn't the cat either. Still haven't fixed it. :banghead:
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Yea, mine is still running like crap.....I've started to smell gas around it a little bit but I can't track down where its coming from.....maybe I need a carb rebuild?

Comment

^^^ WARNING! This festiva had a carb fire before I got it. It was smelling like gas before it caught fire. Take of that asap!
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Uh oh....what should I do with it? I have to work all week. And I've never rebuilt a carb before

Comment

I guess your stuck with taking it to some mechanics and getting some estimates? You might ask htchbck he's in GA.....

Comment

My gas smell was caused by my mechanical fuel pump. There is a hole in the bottom of the fuel pump and it was pissing gas. I think the internal diaphram was hosed.

Rick

Comment

Hmmmmm....I was wondering about that. But, the guy I bought it from put a new one on it right before I got it. I'll look at it closer when I get a chance

Comment

I work all the time like this yet I still have no money.....

Comment

Originally posted by rpickle
                        My gas smell was caused by my mechanical fuel pump. There is a hole in the bottom of the fuel pump and it was pissing gas. I think the internal diaphram was hosed.

Rick
                        I had the same thing happen a couple of years ago on the $750 festiva in the for sale forum now.

Comment

How hard is it to put the fuel pump on it?

Comment

easy

Comment

2 bolts and a gasket. Oh, have to pull a couple hoses, then reconnect them. Yeah.... Simple.

Rick

Comment

Well, I got home late from work so I didn't get to look at it. I'm gonna try to tomm before it decides to catch on fire, ha

Comment

Working...
                                X