No announcement yet.

Another Ford Festiva. Some questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be checking on it tomorrow or the next day!

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
      I just offered to ship him a left corner light for free (see my post #31). I couldn't stand seeing that car with a broken light!

Karl
      Sorry Karl I meant I beat you to the pics lol not the original offer :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Hey, I knew that! :p

I just want him to check the backside to make sure he only has that one bulb to fit and that the hole is the correct shape.

Karl

Comment

one bulb to fit? afaik there are two lamps there, at least in my corner light... but I'm sure I'll make it work anyway I was unable to see, whether there are two lamps or not in your corner light

Comment

In my pictures I show the back of the corner light so you can see the one hole for the one bulb. If you have two bulbs that go into your corner lights, you should probably try to get a correct replacement piece. Maybe from Europe or the Phillipines? Or maybe someone on here would have the correct corner lights. You might want to post a [WTB] for "bump" corner lights. Put a picture in your post and folks will know what you need.

Questions:

1. Do your corner lights have one bulb or two?

2. Does one of them flash as a turn signal?

3. If not, will only one bulb work if you use an American corner light without the "bump?"

You might want to answer these questions to make sure you can make this work.

If you think mine will work, I could still send it.

Karl

Comment

i have two lamps, one for turn signal, one for all-time light. I can make this work, because I can easily make a hole for another lamp: My socket is OK. Please, send it
              Last edited by kjchernov; 03-27-2011, 08:12 PM.

Comment

More PICS ^__^ can we get one of the sides and the whole interior by any chance ?

Comment

Perhaps I'm a bit late on this, but I was thinking that it would probably be cheaper shipping from my location. I believe I have a couple corner lights to spare.

Comment

Originally posted by Brayy View Post
                    More PICS ^__^ can we get one of the sides and the whole interior by any chance ?
                    I will make some tomorrow. Now it's 7:54 PM here, dark a bit

Comment

nice festiva gt-x...=)

imho, you can't just add a hole in Karl's clearance light because it has reflectors on the other side... and i think it will look bad....
                      i have a friend who is selling the same clearance light as yours (with two bulbs) but without a bump...

i'll try to post pictures maybe this week....
                      Last edited by gerard; 03-28-2011, 07:55 AM.

kia pride beta gtx (4 door sedan in Philippines)
                      1.3L carb engine
                      b+g lowering springs
                      15" mags with 185/45/r15 tires

Kia pride 2 door
                      1.1L carb engine
                      all stock=))

Comment

Originally posted by gerard View Post
                        imho, you can't just add a hole in Karl's clearance light because it has reflectors on the other side... and i think it will look bad....
                        Hmm... maybe so... Theoretically, I can put a light-stopper there, so my turn light and other light were recognizable. Anyway, as I said, there are no need in bulbs at all (as I think), because I only need a housing... I have a socket for it.

Comment

Konstantin, you could also possibly remove my yellow lens and glue it onto your broken part. That way you'd have proper bulb sockets and a good lens to go over it. I checked shipping and it is only nine dollars, so I should be sending it out tomorrow. It will be sent "first class" so it may take a couple weeks.

And yes, keep the pictures coming when you can!

Karl

Comment

Konstantin, you could also possibly remove my yellow lens and glue it onto your broken part. That way you'd have proper bulb sockets and a good lens to go over it.
                            Yeah, that's what I'm going to do Thank you very much

And yes, keep the pictures coming when you can!
                            Of course I will!

Comment

Nice all!
                              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I checked shipping and it is only nine dollars
                                Right on. I thought it'd be more.

Comment

Working...
                                X