No announcement yet.

G-series tranny swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats only 25 minutes or so away. depending what part of dallastown.

i think autozone might rent them. i really want to finish this on saturday so i was hoping to have the tranny all set as soon as possible. what time are you coming up?

as for dropping the engine a little... are there any hardlines i shoudl be aware of so i dont bent or kink them?
    Last edited by Ghost; 09-14-2010, 09:25 PM.

Comment

not sure what kind of clearance you have with things since every swap is a little different. Drop is slowly and keep an eye on everything. I'm planning on being up that way around 10am saturday

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
        thats only 25 minutes or so away. depending what part of dallastown.
        Now that I actually looked at googlemaps, I took the exit off 83 at shrewsbury and followed bobby to his friends house, so, I dont know where. Looks like dallastown according to google is more northeast.

Comment

watch the brake lines on the fire wall and the heater core lines... also watch your wires....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by resuwrecked View Post
            Now that I actually looked at googlemaps, I took the exit off 83 at shrewsbury and followed bobby to his friends house, so, I dont know where. Looks like dallastown according to google is more northeast.
            im in marietta pa. about 20 minutes from york.

and i will do it slowly and make sure im not stretching anything.

Comment

so i guess my tranny was in 2nd gear when i measured my shifter linkage.... so now i need to cut and reweld. everything is taking twice as long as i thought it would.

Comment

stopped by the junkyard this morning. they crushed the xr2 and aspire last week!:x luckily they had the starter i needed on the shelf.

just finished my mounts! ill post pics later. they may be ugly, but i think they will hold.

i need to run to the harware store to pick up some bolts.

i know i should use atf fluid. can anyone reccomend a certain type? and exactly how much do i need for the g-series tranny?

Comment

pennzoil syncromesh. Its at advance for $7.50 a quart, but its worth it.
                  -Donny
                  -1992 Festiva GL
                  B6D/E-series.
                  -1991 GL
                  BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Originally posted by xaero_81 View Post
                    pennzoil syncromesh. Its at advance for $7.50 a quart, but its worth it.
                    how much of it

Comment

• Comment

• looks like a late night. i wanna get this done!

are the blades on my pressure plate supposed to be this flat when it is tightened down?

stay tuned all evening for more questions lol.

Comment

• just spent the last 17 hours trying to get this done for a show tomorrow. got the tranny in and almost everything hooked up.... went to install the radiator.... and the exhaust is blocking it. no way around this one. looks like i need to reroute the exhaust sometime. giving up for today.

Last edited by Ghost; 09-18-2010, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• Bummer man..
                            91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                            14 C7 Z51

Comment

• i think this week i am gonna try to redo my mounts and see if that helps free up some space. i have about an inch until i hit the steering rack so im gonna try to tighten the gap.

Comment

• Yeah it is tight in the front at the bottom pass side of the rad at the front trans mount. I got bobby's mounted yesterday and it turned out pretty well with the mounts I made. Post a pic of it if you can bobby, I left my cam there. The bp/g5 swaps I have done end up with the trans slightly under the rack.
                                Last edited by resuwrecked; 09-19-2010, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X