Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
    8PSI? That's pretty conservative..
    I agree...I plan to give that little B3 the business!!! Boost doesn't kill enigines...people do lol. :p

I really can't do anything until I upgrade my clutch. It sucks merging into traffic. It blows the clutch constantly, even at 1/4 throttle lol.
    '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

what would the effects be of swapping a b6 head and intake manifold on the b3, bigger valves, etc + boost wouldn't it create more efficient power?

I want to bulid a b3 in the future, I want to see someone throw 20lbs of boost in one.

Comment

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
        what would the effects be of swapping a b6 head and intake manifold on the b3, bigger valves, etc + boost wouldn't it create more efficient power?

I want to bulid a b3 in the future, I want to see someone throw 20lbs of boost in one.
        I was told they do not bolt up...coming from the honda world this was my first thought lol.

And my b3 will see 20psi eventually, but not with this little turbo, way out of its efficiency range. Hell my old d16 saw 35psi from a hx35 lol!!! And is still truckin'
        Last edited by BUSTIVA; 12-17-2011, 03:42 PM.

Comment

ya the b6 head will bolt to the b3... been done lots of times.... as long as its the 1st gen b6...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

^ and you clearance for the valves on the block!!
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

1/4" head/block spacer haha (I'm kidding...)! I'd love to take a ride in a B3T Festy just to realize the traffic capabilities. Where's the "sweet spot" with your system, Bustiva, or have you not found it due to the clutch slip? I imagine it spools around 3K? That would mean boost is just out of highway operating speed in 5th (65) and you'll become a rocket at 72mph, unless you downshift and at that point passing cars in a pinch would become commonplace... Either way I suggest a WTB for a 120mph speedo! :evil4:
              Last edited by DriverOne; 12-17-2011, 10:37 PM.
              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Being that it is a single turbo from a twin turbo 3.0l ingine, its designed to be spooled quickly by 1.5l. With the b3 being 1.3l its not far off the feel of a factory boost car. The turbo spools almost instantly, starts to spool around 2.5kish and it blows the clutch around 3-3.5k. Crusing at highway speeds I can keep it in or out of boost by how much throttle I give it. Passing in 5th is a breeze, but I have to be easy on the pedal to not blow the clutch. I think the car is gonna be a blast to drive with the stronger clutch. And then I'll up the pump, injectors, add an intercooler, and up the boost...and see what happens :eeeeeek:

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                  ^ and you clearance for the valves on the block!!
                  i never read anything about that in the threads about people swapping b6 heads on b3's... but maybe i just need to read more lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                  1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                    i never read anything about that in the threads about people swapping b6 heads on b3's... but maybe i just need to read more lol...
                    Nawh reading doesnt do any good man! just gotta try junk out... if i wouldnt have taken the risk of bolting a z5 bottom end to a b6T it prob wouldnt have been done and i wouldnt have a boosted festiva today

i have a b3 block and a 1st gen b6 head... im going to build a b3 in the summer time

Comment

This car sounds like it will be a blast to drive.Have you replaced that 2lb vaccum plug yet?
                      Last edited by nitrofarm; 12-18-2011, 09:02 AM.
                      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
                        This car sounds like it will be a blast to drive.Have you replaced that 2lb vaccum plug yet?

LOL not yet, suprised no one commented on the masssive Ls1 crank pulley bolt sooner. I need to run a line for it over to the non pressurized side of the turbo to pull clean metered air. With it plugged off, it idles really low until it warms up, then it idles great like normal.

Comment

Good work! It's always nice to add knowledge to the pack.

So a "tdo4" runs 9 lb of boost and comes off a Dodge Stealth twin turbo, right? Seems like that would be perfect for a B6 SOHC.

Oh, before you go any faster after you get a better clutch in, I'd put on some better brakes!

Karl
                          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Who needs brakes? Going is more fun than stopping lol
                            89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                            92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                            New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

Pulled a turbo from a twin turbo volvo last weekend at the u-pull-it. Your thread has incouraged me to dive into the boosted lifestyle. Do you think swapping b6 sohc injectors into the b3 would help with possible lean conditions at full boost?
                              Automotive Misfit

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                                So a "tdo4" runs 9 lb of boost and comes off a Dodge Stealth twin turbo, right? Seems like that would be perfect for a B6 SOHC.
                                td04 is a family of turbos from Mitsubishi. Kinda like the IHI RHB52, which includes vj14, vj11, vj20 etc...
                                91GL BP/F3A with boost
                                13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
                                X