No announcement yet.

My B3-T setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TT leggy was 2.0L I think so yeah that's a tiny turbo.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
      ya the b6 head will bolt to the b3... been done lots of times.... as long as its the 1st gen b6...
      How were the HP results? Jus wondering.Do they share very similar Cumbustion chambers & piston domes? Sometimes the end results arent that good if you deviate from the Engineers "squish area" design. Jus wondering...
      I would really like to do some "Hop Ups" to my B3's.But I imagine its going to be very hard for me to find a 1st gen B6 head.Especially when I dont even know what cars they came on?
      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
        The VJ11 is not "bigger" than the BPT's VJ20 - they both flow the same CFM-wise but have different turbine housing A/R's

Post pictures & measurements of the turbo you have
        here is a link to some pics of the turbo i have sorry i didnt take any pics of my own one with some measurments. you can tell how small the turbo is by the fact that the waste gate is almost as big as the turbo sorry i couldnt find better specs on the net maybe you will be able to find it

-90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

No updates as of yet, still haven't purchased a clutch. Will do this week though. I've just been dailying it around town, and made a few road trips in it problem free. Averaged around 50mpg over 150mi trip! :eeeeeek:
          '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

Not sure if this has been asked but where is your oil source and return lines?
            -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
              Not sure if this has been asked but where is your oil source and return lines?
              His first post.Its a free Nos line. And there is no return,it just blows past the seals.Thus eliminating a need for a return.This is a buddget build dont forget.:p

Comment

^^^ Lol the feed comes from the oil pressure sensor, through a -4 line, and the return is just a normal return line, tapped into the oil pan.
                '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

Got it thanks. Sorry that I missed that and had to be "that" guy haha
                  -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
                    Got it thanks. Sorry that I missed that and had to be "that" guy haha
                    PS I love your Festy M3NTAL its a real looker! If you ever need someone to test drive it. I'm first in line ok

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSTIVA View Post
                      No updates as of yet, still haven't purchased a clutch. Will do this week though. I've just been dailying it around town, and made a few road trips in it problem free. Averaged around 50mpg over 150mi trip! :eeeeeek:
                      wow thats great
                      -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                      -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

• Turbos=efficiency
                        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• If that turbo just happens to be too small, I might be interested in picking it up if you have no use for it... It'd be a good B3 turbo I think!
                          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• ^ mine or busts?

Comment

• Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                              i never read anything about that in the threads about people swapping b6 heads on b3's... but maybe i just need to read more lol...
                              is it possible to do the opposite B3 8V head on a B6 8V or 16V block and bottom end

Comment

• Possible, yes, but no real advantage other than a bump in compression as a result of the smaller chambers on the B3 head. Even then, the B3 has smaller ports & valves so any gains from compression would be offset by reduced airflow. I could see doing it if all you had was a B3 head. Basically, you would end up with a massively over-bored, high compression B3. It would probably have a pretty strong low to mid RPM torque curve but would run out of breath in the mid to high RPM range.
                                Last edited by blkfordsedan; 01-19-2012, 11:52 AM.
                                Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                                04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                                62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                                Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Working...
                                X