• Show
Clear All

• mikemounlio
    replied
    120 works well!

Leave a comment:

• Ljh8394
    replied
    Thank you! Just trying to figure stuff out before I drop more then what I bought the car for into it lol. Mine is gutted also just carpet, dash, and 2 front seats. If it makes that much of a difference I will for sure look into a 10 or 8 again thank you guys!

Leave a comment:

• william
    replied
    I have 120 with a gutted car it rides firm . And I blamed it on the light rear and stiffer then stock springs. But after driving a car with 120 rear 200 front. I'm certain it's the vw rears shock valving. The other can I drove road much smother with stock aspire struts. . But I think my car has slightly better handling with less body role due to the shorter vw shocks. Now remember I was just cursing threw town not throwing it around on the track. But yo answer you question 120 will be a good fit. Even for a loaded down car

Leave a comment:

• mikemounlio
    replied
    I went 120 in the rear because i plan to tow around a bike from time to time. I have a single 10 in lucifer and its more then enough. I have had big giant systems in the past. A couple minutes and they just hurt your head. In the festiva you are so close to the sub you dont need a bunch.

When lucifer is back on the road i might even take the sub out. I want to room and the light weight in the rear. Sub is nice but normal radio is just fine as well.

Back to your question. If you must run 2 12" subs in the rear then you want 120 for sure. If you already have the 2 12"s try to trade them off for one nice high end 10. a good 10 sounds so much better in a small space then a 12 IMHO

Leave a comment:

• FestYboy
    replied
    How substantial is the box? And what do you need 2 12s for in a car that has the same cabin space as most full sized car's trunks? 1 good 8 in the right box will drive you out of the car.

Besides, this thread is about improving the handling and adding weight is a step in the wrong direction.

Leave a comment:

• Ljh8394
    replied
    Hey Mike was wondering if I were to put 2 12in subs in the back would I need the 105 or the 120 should I just go 120 to be safe?
    Last edited by Ljh8394; 09-20-2016, 12:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mikemounlio
    replied
    look at page 1 and its the last couple pictures. You will see excatly how i did mine. Mine have been doing great.

Leave a comment:

• mikemounlio
    replied
    Originally posted by Wimp View Post
    When installing the rears, do you use the top spring hats that came with the coilover sleeve kit or the ones that came with the hottuning coilovers? Or do you just buy a different set?
    Look at my pictures. I think i showed excatly how mine were done.

Leave a comment:

• Wimp
    replied
    When installing the rears, do you use the top spring hats that came with the coilover sleeve kit or the ones that came with the hottuning coilovers? Or do you just buy a different set?

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Yeah, I see no problem with that.

Leave a comment:

• william
    replied
    I'm running just rears 120 springs and adjusters all the way up its still about 2 inches lower than stock. But handles good rides good I say go for it

Leave a comment:

• firebush357
    replied
    What are your thoughts on just running the Rear setup for a while? Race Car on a budget and all... My thoughts are possible runs this rear setup for better handling and to lower the rear some to level the ride hide. Good Idea? Bad Idea?

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    You'll want 10" Brad. You can get away with 12" (fronts, 12" rears aren't available in the 1.875" springs) if you don't want to lower the car much. 8" (front only) will work but could be bouncy with a 140lb spring (the shorter the spring the steeper the rate rises.)
    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 08-02-2016, 01:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bhazard
    replied
    Okay. Currently have 200 fronts and 140 rears but when I put my mk1 rear setup together I'll prolly go for 120s and maybe put the 140s up front. This is the automatic car by the way.

What about the spring length?

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Originally posted by bhazard View Post
    Charlie do you still recommend 120/105 spring rates for full weight cars like mine? Are these all 10 inch springs too or?
    120/105 with stock engine placement. 150/105 for g series.

150/120 for heavy loads.
    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 07-11-2016, 12:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X