Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job! You're going to love the way it rides!
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I can't stop driving it! This suspension is amazing, everyone loves the yellow bomb

Comment

My suspension is on! Need to flare some fender-wells.
        Attached Files
        Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

NICE!
          Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
          91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by ottoparts View Post
            Looking good! What are you running for negative camber? It may not rub with 3 degrees.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Wrong terminology used. I meant that I need to roll the inner fender lip. I was tired last night.
              Don't know what degree. Just eye balled for it now. I'll be taking it in shortly for a proper alignment.
              Last edited by ottoparts; 06-26-2016, 06:18 AM.
              Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

Originally posted by ottoparts View Post
                Awesome Wheels... are those 14s or 15s?
                "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                sigpic
                "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

15 inch Rota's
                  Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

So right now festiver is running aspire springs with the aspire suspension I cut the front springs and put in spring spacers to stiffin the ride so I don't rub I want to go lower because I have 1.5" of wheel gap (proper) and 8" of ground clearance (monster truck) I definitely need to cut the fenders higher but the rear I only have 2-3" before I get the inner wheel well is the suspension you named above stiff enough I can run <1" of wheel gap without destroying everything over bumps and or rubbing the tires

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                    Festiver
                    93 L find/5 speed
                    BP/g15mr swapped
                    Aspire brake swapped
                    Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
                    stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
                    rustful
                    maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
                    advanced suspension
                    kai/skeeter camber
                    b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

• The 120lb/105lb rate is only slightly stiffer than stock, but the geometry of this setup and the dampening rate is such that the car will handle like a finely tuned sports car. This suspension is not your typical "tuner ride" that is harsh and bouncy. It's an improvement everywhere from stock.
                      The amount your tires contact your fenders depends on what tires you want to run, the offset and width of your wheels and your camber settings. With negative camber, and the right tires, you won't rub at all with slight wheel gap. Here are some examples of cars that don't rub at all or only a little in extreme cases. These cars all have rolled fenders, but the fenders have not been cut at all.

This is a 13x6 wheel, 12mm offset. Approximately 3.5" suspension drop. 175/50-13 tires. -3 degrees camber all the way around. No rubbing at all.

These wheels are 14x7 with a 15mm offset. The tires are 165/55-14. The suspension is dropped about 3.75". About 3 degrees negative camber all the way around. No rubbing and a really comfortable ride. Note: this car was driven like this for a 6000 mile road trip with no abnormal tire wear issues. It was very comfortable and was stable at well over 100mph. The car was raced in time trials racing at a local track and was capable of spec miata lap times on these tires. A very versatile setup.

The wheels are 15x7 with a 28mm offset. Tires are 165/45-15. Car is about 3.5" lower than stock. Camber is set at -2.8 degrees all the way around. Note: Car was driven on 6000 mile road trip with no abnormal tire wear issues.

The wheels are 15x6 with 43mm offset and 10mm wheel spacers for a 33mm final offset. Tires are 165/45-15. Car has a 3" drop from stock. Rear camber is stock, front is at 2 degrees. Note: all 3 cars in this photo have this suspension setup and are all daily driven by people over 50 years old. The two cars in the background have both been from coast to coast and back with no problems.
                      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 07-10-2016, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• Charlie do you still recommend 120/105 spring rates for full weight cars like mine? Are these all 10 inch springs too or?
                        91GL BP/F3A with boost
                        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                          The 120lb/105lb rate is only slightly stiffer than stock, but the geometry of this setup and the dampening rate is such that the car will handle like a finely tuned sports car. This suspension is not your typical "tuner ride" that is harsh and bouncy. It's an improvement everywhere from stock.
                          The amount your tires contact your fenders depends on what tires you want to run, the offset and width of your wheels and your camber settings. With negative camber, and the right tires, you won't rub at all with slight wheel gap. Here are some examples of cars that don't rub at all or only a little in extreme cases. These cars all have rolled fenders, but the fenders have not been cut at all.

This is a 13x6 wheel, 12mm offset. Approximately 3.5" suspension drop. 175/50-13 tires. -3 degrees camber all the way around. No rubbing at all.

These wheels are 14x7 with a 15mm offset. The tires are 165/55-14. The suspension is dropped about 3.75". About 3 degrees negative camber all the way around. No rubbing and a really comfortable ride. Note: this car was driven like this for a 6000 mile road trip with no abnormal tire wear issues. It was very comfortable and was stable at well over 100mph. The car was raced in time trials racing at a local track and was capable of spec miata lap times on these tires. A very versatile setup.

The wheels are 15x7 with a 28mm offset. Tires are 165/45-15. Car is about 3.5" lower than stock. Camber is set at -2.8 degrees all the way around. Note: Car was driven on 6000 mile road trip with no abnormal tire wear issues.

The wheels are 15x6 with 43mm offset and 10mm wheel spacers for a 33mm final offset. Tires are 165/45-15. Car has a 3" drop from stock. Rear camber is stock, front is at 2 degrees. Note: all 3 cars in this photo have this suspension setup and are all daily driven by people over 50 years old. The two cars in the background have both been from coast to coast and back with no problems.
                          Wow those are sexy cars being as I'm gonna bp g series swap soon (hopefully) definitely bp swap by the end of summer I'll follow your suggestion of the 175 front and I'll do the 150 rear that way there is no worries about weight but right now I'm running a 16x8 +0 with a 205/40r16 nitto neogens with the aspire swap I'm like 2" out of the wheel wells so ill probably do the suspension swap to the mk2 front and mk1 rear coils and put higher bump stops in give myself like 1.5" of flex before the stops cut my fenders and widen them and im gonna aim for -3-4° camber at all corners my proper fitment monster truck

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                          Festiver
                          93 L find/5 speed
                          BP/g15mr swapped
                          Aspire brake swapped
                          Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
                          stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
                          rustful
                          maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
                          advanced suspension
                          kai/skeeter camber
                          b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

• Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                            Charlie do you still recommend 120/105 spring rates for full weight cars like mine? Are these all 10 inch springs too or?
                            120/105 with stock engine placement. 150/105 for g series.

150/120 for heavy loads.
                            Last edited by Advancedynamix; 07-11-2016, 12:13 AM.

Comment

• Okay. Currently have 200 fronts and 140 rears but when I put my mk1 rear setup together I'll prolly go for 120s and maybe put the 140s up front. This is the automatic car by the way.

What about the spring length?
                              91GL BP/F3A with boost
                              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

• You'll want 10" Brad. You can get away with 12" (fronts, 12" rears aren't available in the 1.875" springs) if you don't want to lower the car much. 8" (front only) will work but could be bouncy with a 140lb spring (the shorter the spring the steeper the rate rises.)
                                Last edited by Advancedynamix; 08-02-2016, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X