This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by william View Post
    Go back to the shop or get one for what ever strut you used. Assuming you used a mk1 vw shock.
    the bumpstop cup was from the festiva strut. They gave the strut back to me but no bumpstop cup!! They wont answer the phone now! I'm currently trying to cut this piece of metal cover thing that came with them to make a diy bumpstop cup.
    92 Festiva L - bp & hydro g, advanced coilovers, aspire brake swapped

Comment

• Can you take a picture of the part you're talking about fudge?
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• well I dont have it and I dont really want to take the other one off but here is mike's pic. http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/x...224_224602.jpg
        the topmost rusty cup is what im missing

I might just try to use a different part from the vw coilovers that fits the bump stop.

Edit: I am not able to upload pictures because it's saying they are all too big.
        Last edited by fudge; 03-17-2017, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• For some reason I am not able to post pictures, I made my picture 50kb and its still not letting me put it up. anyways, from the vw coilover kit the i put the top hat thing from the rear coilovers upside down in place of the bump stop cup. it fits well im just hoping it works well, will let you know after I test it out!

Comment

• I just tested it and it seems to work fine! you guys think this will be a good permanent fix?

Comment

• Very possibly, but if you can email a picture of a part that looks like the one they lost, to: dragonhealer60@yahoo.com ,along with your shipping address, I'll mail you one
              No car too fast !

Comment

• That is not a Bump Stop Cup. It holds the Rubber spacer thingy like this but on the bottom side.
                Last edited by firebush357; 03-18-2017, 09:56 AM.
                "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                sigpic
                "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

• dragonhealer, i emailed you! thank you! yeah that part firebush, either way this one that I made work is doing the trick for me right now!

Comment

• Sorry for resurrecting this thread but I have a question.

In the original how-to you use KYB rear shocks, is their any problem with using Billstein rears? They are only about $5 more and I feel a little bit better quality.
                    Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                    1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                    2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                    2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

• Someone here used the Bilsteins and made a concise report. But I can't remember who, nor find the thread.
                      No car too fast !

Comment

• Seems like tominmo used Bilstein one time. I believe there's a thread on here.
                        Jerry
                        Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                        90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                        92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                        93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• Yeah tom used them but with stock springs.

Comment

• Originally posted by william View Post
                            Yeah tom used them but with stock springs.
                            Wouldn't they be a little large?
                            Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                            Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                            Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

• They where used on the spring perches that come with the shocks not the coil over sleeves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

• If any Aussies are looking at parts for this upgrade, there's cheap AFCO coilover sleeve kits (to suit rear - MK1 golf KYB struts) available at the moment,
                                $42 per kit (2 needed) here
                                Probably the cheapest you will find in Oz at the moment. Only 2 left so be quick!
                                Last edited by reddragon; 05-17-2017, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X