Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When slotting the top hole on the front coilover assembly, is it only necessary to elongate the hole toward the shock body or in both directions? Your cut looks a bit different than the example posted in the advance suspension thread. I'm about to do this upgrade!
    1999 Toyota 4Runner - daily beater
    1993 Ford Festiva - SOLD
    1986 Toyota Cressida - #stressida hmmmmmm SOLD!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RobotKarate View Post
      When slotting the top hole on the front coilover assembly, is it only necessary to elongate the hole toward the shock body or in both directions? Your cut looks a bit different than the example posted in the advance suspension thread. I'm about to do this upgrade!
      I did mine wrong. i was drunk that night and having fun... dont do like mine.

you only need to go in towards the shock body.
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
      19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• We might need to change that picture out to the correct way to slot the holes.

Guys dont slot like my picture. It is not safe. I had to go back and weld plates on and redo the holes. please slot the bottom hole up and the top hole in.
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
          We might need to change that picture out to the correct way to slot the holes.

Guys dont slot like my picture. It is not safe. I had to go back and weld plates on and redo the holes. please slot the bottom hole up and the top hole in.
          I can replace it with a picture of mine, they were made by Charlie himself
          Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
          Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
          Feel free to PM me anytime!
          Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
          Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

• Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
            I can replace it with a picture of mine, they were made by Charlie himself
            please do. My upper holes pulled out on me at autocross. I was lucky no damage was done. I felt it happen and got off the gas quick. i was lucky tho.
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

please do. My upper holes pulled out on me at autocross. I was lucky no damage was done. I felt it happen and got off the gas quick. i was lucky tho.
              Will do, glad you saved it in time!
              Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

How to find me:

Comment

• Originally posted by RobotKarate View Post
                When slotting the top hole on the front coilover assembly, is it only necessary to elongate the hole toward the shock body or in both directions? Your cut looks a bit different than the example posted in the advance suspension thread. I'm about to do this upgrade!
                Here is what it should look like, original post has been updated.

Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

• Has anyone tried adjustable front strut mounts similar to these in a festiva? http://k-mac.com/product/mazda-2-121...ace-182516-4k/

Comment

• Originally posted by reddragon View Post
                    Has anyone tried adjustable front strut mounts similar to these in a festiva? http://k-mac.com/product/mazda-2-121...ace-182516-4k/
                    I have not actually seen any pictures of them mounted to a festy. They would require all new top mounts. Most people dont want to do that much work when they can just slot the bottom to get their adjustment. I would someday like to try a set with just camber adjustment.
                    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I have not actually seen any pictures of them mounted to a festy. They would require all new top mounts. Most people dont want to do that much work when they can just slot the bottom to get their adjustment. I would someday like to try a set with just camber adjustment.
                      I was trying to work out how they attach - the page says they bolt straight into a Mazda 121 Metro/Demio, which have the same suspension as WA festiva, though the pictures show 3 bolt mount to strut tower. There are two bolt versions though - the mazda 323 one looks like it would bolt straight in http://k-mac.com/ebay/images/480216J1/Image1.jpg

Comment

I was trying to work out how they attach - the page says they bolt straight into a Mazda 121 Metro/Demio, which have the same suspension as WA festiva, though the pictures show 3 bolt mount to strut tower. There are two bolt versions though - the mazda 323 one looks like it would bolt straight in http://k-mac.com/ebay/images/480216J1/Image1.jpg
                        that does look nice. It would make quick adjustments easy.
                        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

This still has caster in it. I would love to find a unit like this that just has camber in it.
                          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• I would like to try to mod one of these to fit the festy. I think it could be done very easy.

1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• 2wd bf 323 plates will fit if the plates are trimmed and the holes are slightly filed. I made a set of universal plates work as well just trimmed them down to fit in the strut tower and drilled holes where needed.
                              Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

• Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
                                2wd bf 323 plates will fit if the plates are trimmed and the holes are slightly filed. I made a set of universal plates work as well just trimmed them down to fit in the strut tower and drilled holes where needed.
                                thanks for the info. Did they give you much adjustment? Was it worth it?
                                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
                                X