No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a cross over pipe to equalize the pressure and the pcv goes into the intake

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Really nice build. I love that sound comes from the V6 plus turbo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
        There's a cross over pipe to equalize the pressure and the pcv goes into the intake
        4 words. Properly Ventilated Catch Can.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uhuzit View Post
          Really nice build. I love that sound comes from the V6 plus turbo.
          Thank you! looking at your signature, an F2T?? dude you gotta start a thread showing the details of your build!!

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Right no crap someone put a freakin TRUCK ENGINE in their festy...hahaha
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

• Yeah, I commented about that on one of his other posts. Dude! Duuuude! I want one! Talk about a tow rig.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• oooo this means the fe3 will fit then.....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                  Thank you! looking at your signature, an F2T?? dude you gotta start a thread showing the details of your build!!
                  x2
                  91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                  14 C7 Z51

Comment

• So taking Charlie's advice, I built a catch can

Started with some scraps from work

Welded in a baffle, some fittings

And ta-dah, a catch can

Made up some mounting hardware

And got it installed

After a test drive, it has certainly made a difference, but there's still a smoking issue, I gotta double check my return line, I think the return line my be kinking at the oil pan, that's next

Comment

• looks oem!

Comment

• About as OEM as a turbo KL Festiva can look anyway... lol

Comment

• Slick work nicely done you move fast Chris
                          -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

• Ok either I screwed up or something because this morning did it ever smoke like crazy, I'm talking flooding the road with smoke almost constantly the whole way to work this morning, so now I'm gunna delete the catch can for now until I can remake it or something

I'm honestly on the verge of switching it back to N/A, it's really starting to piss me off
                            Last edited by Damkid; 08-23-2012, 07:39 AM.

Comment

• Switch it back to N/A?!? hahahaha yeah right...those are not the words of someone who's crammed a KL with turbo into a Festiva. You'll stick it out and it will be pure awesomeness.

Comment

• Originally posted by thered56 View Post
                                Switch it back to N/A?!? hahahaha yeah right...those are not the words of someone who's crammed a KL with turbo into a Festiva. You'll stick it out and it will be pure awesomeness.
                                I second this. Stick it out my friend, it will be worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                X