My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol ya I get told that a lot :lol:

I decided to borrow my brothers car for work tomorrow so I can relax the rest of the night, I'll finish it up tomorrow after work

I've basically had to tear down both engines to almost block/heads, the pass side water outlet needed to be changed on #2 but I had to pull it from #1.... Pulling the water outlet off means pulling the timing belt, pulleys, cam pulleys etc. basically the entire front of the engine

The reason for needing to change that piece is because the coolant temp sensor and temp gauge sensor are located on it, the outlet on #2 got modified for a different temp sensor from when it was in the P5, so I needed to get an un-modified one installed to have the coolant system sealed

I also re-did the oil return bung on the oil pan, Charlie suggested that maybe my bung was too low in the pan and if it was getting submerged in oil, it could create draining issues for the turbo, so I figured now was the best time to change it since the pan had to come off anyway to be transferred to KL #2

I spent a LOT of time transferring parts, a lot longer then I anticipated, but like I said, it should be up and running tomorrow night

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• I'll look forward to that update.

Comment

• Got it completed today, it's fully up and running, went for a test drive and it officially makes boost and does NOT fill the road with smoke W00T W00T!!!!

:wav::wav:

But the clutch still slips like crazy though lol but I think it's finally gunna be reliable

I have a minor ground issue with the interior/taillights though, I know where the problem is, it'll be a very easy fix, I just couldn't be bothered tonight :lol: I'll fix it tomorrow
        Last edited by Damkid; 08-27-2012, 09:21 PM.

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Wooooo!
          -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
          -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
          -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

• Oh ya, no catch can either

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
              Got it completed today, it's fully up and running, went for a test drive and it officially makes boost and does NOT fill the road with smoke W00T W00T!!!!

:wav::wav:

But the clutch still slips like crazy though lol but I think it's finally gunna be reliable

I have a minor ground issue with the interior/taillights though, I know where the problem is, it'll be a very easy fix, I just couldn't be bothered tonight :lol: I'll fix it tomorrow
              Congrats-So was it the Valve guide you suspected?
              Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
              Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
              Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

• I think it was a couple factors that contributed to it, I still need to tear down the first engine to see what's damaged with it, but that won't happen for a while, gotta swap a motor into my 323 now, ugh it never ends lol

Comment

• would have thought you would have taken care of the clutch while you were in there.... or is it just a matter of "too much" power? (not that there is such a thing :p )
                  Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                  94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• If I had the extra cash for a clutch, I would have put a new one in, it was a budget issue... I'll most likely throw a new one in over the winter though

Comment

• darn, i was hoping it was the agressive use of POWER!!! lol.

well at lest you have boost and no smoke that that's a BIG gain. i'll be expecting a ride at madness :grin:
                      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• Sweet. Good to hear!

Comment

• Awesome! Does this mean that you can come to the meet? It is supposed to rain on Sat but I say Damn The Torpedos! I will still be there, I hope you'll still be able to make it.

Comment

• Originally posted by gergorian View Post
                            It is supposed to rain on Sat but I say Damn The Torpedos!
                            Rain at Madness? I don't think I'd pay attention to a forecast that far in advance; or are you looking at an almanac?
                            In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Haha. No not at madness. The meet I am having up at Ford World HQ this Sat.

Comment

• I'd love to make it, I think my car would make it, but my bank account isn't gunna let me so I won't be making it to the meet tomorrow, which I was really hoping to make it

Comment

Working...
                                X