My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bhazard View Post
    Get the power to the ground before you start adding more.
    Ok Dad........ Am I allowed to drive the car past dark too?
    Last edited by Damkid; 08-08-2013, 04:24 PM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• NO!

LOL
      Hey man I'm looking into going KL RWD, have any leads on a KL engine, even if it needs work?
      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• There are/were a couple probes with KL's in them at the Junkyard in Horseheads NY a few hours south of you. Gary's in Binghamton usually has a few as well. Duno any further north of there, so can't help beyond that.

If you want, I can pull and deliver a KL for about $500 that'll have a 30 day warranty [from the day I pay for it] on it.

Comment

• Did they happen to have a KLG4? They are in newer 626's. I am intrigued. I've been to horseheads pick a part before and it was always a nice yard. Might have to make a road trip.
          89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
          2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
          1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Aaron - the only lead I can think of is defprun, he mentioned to me the one day about selling off his KL stash, I'm not sure if he was just in a bad mood that day or not though

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• They don't usually have anything newish in the yard... generally seems like about '02-'03 is the cutoff point lately. Obviously it goes up every year, but they're buying at scrap prices, not part-out prices, so the 'newer' stuff ends up in other yards that pay more.

You might give Gary's U-pull-it or Don's Auto Mall a call. THey're both next door to each other near Binghamton NY.

Comment

• man, what a read.. .. i hope you make it to FM7.. i want to see a fully fledged video of this build.. well beyond my experience and knowledge so far... Good luck and i hope everything balances out for you.. loved reading every minute of this.. really well.. 1.5 hours to pull the engine, considering everything... man, great effort.

i think i saw a clapped out one of these engines at the wreckers. didn't even think till i saw your's and went.. "No WAY!!"

keep doing you will get the right mix and it will just work.

if you feel like your losing motivation.. take some time out and get out for a bit in a regular car and FORGET about the KLZE for a little bit.. we can all see how hard you are working on it and man i can't tell you how impressed i am in this.. it really has shown me a new side to engine swaps.. i remember asking someone about the guys in the US and how they can pretty much put anything into anything and have no engineering certificates for it.. NOW I BELIEVE IT.

there have been times where i thought my B6 (First engine swap ever) was going to be daunting.. all i can say is "thank god it's not me doing that"..

10/10 for effort/persperation/time/successes/failures and most of all for an excellent read.. huzzah!!
                Last edited by jawbraeka; 09-05-2013, 10:30 AM.
                Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                Highway - 7.32L/100km
                City - yet to be determined.

Comment

• Originally posted by jawbraeka View Post
                  i remember asking someone about the guys in the US and how they can pretty much put anything into anything and have no engineering certificates for it...
                  Just thought i'd clarify I'm from Canada, not the US

But thanks for the kind words, once I get it back up and running NA I plan on just enjoying it again and forget about upgrading it for a while.... I might do some minor exterior changes in the near future though haha

Comment

• Current year in the US for 'putting anything into anything' is '88. Next year it'll be 89, and so on/so forth. For posterity, it's 25 years. That's when the EPA stops caring what/who you put into what/who.

Comment

• I haven't touched the car much in the passed two weeks but I have the flywheel/clutch/tranny bolted up, int shaft installed, oil pan re-sealed, and a few other odds and ends done on the car to prep for the switch back to NA

Tomorrow I'm looking to drop the engine back into the engine bay and start hooking things up

Comment

• nice chris, it might make it back to madness!!
                        Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• I had a bad day! All I do is think about this project...if I decide to not continue...I probably wont get rid of anything lol.
                          1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
                          2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• I hope I can make it to madness (
                            1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
                            2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
                              nice chris, it might make it back to madness!!
                              Like I've already said, it will not be at madness, period. Im getting it up and running so itll be ready for next season and that's it

Comment

• Stop by my crib on the way down and I'll let you drive one of mine
                                -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                                -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Working...
                                X