My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
    couldnt you use somthing like this? just put it over in the side of the engine bay?
    Pm coming your way, that looks like it could work perfect for me

And tonight a member from Clubprotege.com came down and gave me a hand pulling the engine

And then i dis-assembled the tranny to find out what broke

And i found a piece of the shift fork had broken off, so it'll be an easy fix and i'll be able to save this tranny

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Easy fixes are always appreciated, eh?

Although it looks to me that you pull engines and trannies as easily as I pull taillights and alternator belts!

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

• ^^:lol: it took us about 2 hours of calm paced work to pull the engine and tear apart the trans, i've only done it easily a dozen times

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Practice helps! When I was replacing/checking my ATX starter on Luxstiva, I began at a little over an hour and eventually got it down to less than 45 minutes to put in a new starter (or just remove it, give it a mean look and cuss at it before putting it back). (The problems were caused by excessive heat since my fan wasn't running. Pulling the thermoswitch plug ran the fan automatically and solved my hot starting problems.)

Karl
          Last edited by Safety Guy; 10-23-2010, 05:24 PM.
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

• Why do you think that fork broke, just a factory defect?
            Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
            1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
            2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
            2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

• ^^probably just too much abuse over the years or like you said, a factory defect

Comment

• granny shifting not double clutchin like you should....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                  granny shifting not double clutchin like you should....
                  hahaha that movie was an EPIC FAIL who the heck double clutches on upshifts anyhow? it a drag race ahahaha i needed a laugh thanks sasquatch

Comment

• Now he will have to overnight parts from Japan.:mrgreen:
                    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                    14 C7 Z51

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
                      Now he will have to overnight parts from Japan.:mrgreen:
                      Dude, you should be going to MIT or something!
                      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• No man, I got that attention disorder...
                        Oh, ADD?
                        Yes, that $#*&!
                        1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

• I haven't seen anyone break a shift fork before on these trannies. It's always third gear for 99% of people, me included....

I would find a quality WTA intercooler, and mount it on the drivers side inner fender wall inside the engine bay. Also, make sure to put the BOV before the WTA, because you don't want to be cooling air that you are just going to be venting! Conserve the enery of the intercooler by blowing off the hot air from the turbo....

John
                          93 Probe GT-Twincharged-11.992@115mph 10lbs
                          -11.940@111.66mph 14lbs(Slipping clutch)
                          123.7mph highest trap
                          95 Probe GT-RWD-4.8LS-Turbo in process-10.240@135.3mph, Turboed, 3300 race weight

Comment

• ^^thanks for the tip about the BOV, I'll definitely do that, but for putting the intercooler on the driver fender wall, there won't be enough room once the turbo's sitting there :lol:

Comment

• Ha Ha, right on! I have a couple more suggestions you might like for the water to air. Since space is at a premium, for daily driving I would mount a heat exchanger, up where the ATA intercooler would normally be, but when going to the track, I would bypass the heat exchanger and go with an Ice Bath, Maybe on the passenger floor, an just run two holes through the firewall for the hoses, since they only need to be about 1 inch diameter.

One of my buddies did an Ice Bath for his civic, and his intake temps were in the 50's, and it was 95 Degrees outside!!! ha ha

John
                              93 Probe GT-Twincharged-11.992@115mph 10lbs
                              -11.940@111.66mph 14lbs(Slipping clutch)
                              123.7mph highest trap
                              95 Probe GT-RWD-4.8LS-Turbo in process-10.240@135.3mph, Turboed, 3300 race weight

Comment

• ^^ the ice bath was part of my plan already :lol: and for the water cooler, I have absolutely no space to work with in front of the engine, it is extremely tight in there already, so I was going to mount a water cooler in the passenger wheel well since that's about the only room I'll have to work with :lol:

Here's a few pics to show just how much room i have up front

Last edited by Damkid; 10-25-2010, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X