My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
    Ya I got the family thing to consider as well... Otherwise I'd probably already be in AZ lol
    Last time I checked families are allowed in this state, but I could be wrong.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Well she lives again, still have some loose ends to tie up like welding the exhaust back together, put coolant in it etc but it runs again
      Good to hear brother. I'll be bugging you
      -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
      -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

• Just took it for a test drive, there was still some smoke under full throttle but it was minimal, I believe its just residual oil and will clear up

I had to keep the drive short because it still has open exhaust, gas gauge is on empty, and it's not legally plated right now lol next week I'll most likely buy a temporary permit for it so I can get it etested and ready for next season

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• this is good news.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Just took it for a test drive, there was still some smoke under full throttle but it was minimal, I believe its just residual oil and will clear up

I had to keep the drive short because it still has open exhaust, gas gauge is on empty, and it's not legally plated right now lol next week I'll most likely buy a temporary permit for it so I can get it etested and ready for next season
            Congratulations on hanging in there, perseverance is the key......:thumbs_up:
            Jack Byrd,
            1991 Capri
            1988 Festiva LX, 240K
            1970 Chev C10
            1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Heh. Just in time for Madness
              Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
              Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
              "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                Heh. Just in time for Madness
                Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                Like I've already said, it will not be at madness, period. Im getting it up and running so itll be ready for next season and that's it
                .... but hopefully you'll realize this was meant as a friendly response and you don't send me an ignorant message too :lol:

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Even if I got mine running with a b3, 6 or 8 there's no way I could make it unless I brought my mazdaspeed

Sent from the trash can.
                  1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
                  2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Originally posted by defprun View Post
                    there's no way I could make it unless I brought my mazdaspeed
                    That's what I drove to FM5 :mrgreen:

Who cares? Drive it man! I go for the people, the cars are just a bonus :thumbup:
                    If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                    Zulu Ministries

Comment

• I think I found the source of my smoke issue and I can say I was right, definitely LOTS of oil residue left over just burning off haha

Comment

• Well, thats good to hear.

Comment

• Ya I'm happy lol maybe I'll actually get to drive it all next summer and make some meets with it

Comment

• Your car doesn't leak oil, it has an automatic winterproofing system.

Comment

.... but hopefully you'll realize this was meant as a friendly response and you don't send me an ignorant message too :lol:

It was worth a shot
                              Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                              Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                              "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                                Your car doesn't leak oil, it has an automatic winterproofing system.
                                Too bad it doesn't get driven in winter lol

Comment

Working...
                                X