My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
    Like I've already said, it will not be at madness, period. Im getting it up and running so itll be ready for next season and that's it
    kool ill be waiting to see it next year along with charlies! mine probably wont be ready by madness either (its @ gregs getting rt & cable g) but ill probably be driving one of kevins or @ least riding in one. main thing is you are coming!
    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Thanks bobby but I'll most likely just drive the awd protege, it'll be a long enough drive alone to madness without adding a several hour detour lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• hey damkid..

have you been able to find some other ratios for the gearbox to stop the insane spinning of the front wheel from occurring..

i spoke with uncle flaherty over the weekend and he knows a bit about cars.. he thinks the ratios in the gearbox need to higher. any ideas on what would transplant into the gearbox without too much effort?

either that or some bigger tyres might help.

now i know what you're probably thinking.. "don't teach your grandma to suck eggs" but i would like to hear about how you can actually make a really decent time at the quarter mile and at the track without chewing through a few sets of tyres... in all, how many sets do you think you've gone through since creating this contraption of sheer win anyway?
        Last edited by jawbraeka; 09-09-2013, 11:54 PM.
        Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
        Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
        Highway - 7.32L/100km
        City - yet to be determined.

Comment

• Yes I've found I can choose from 3 different gear ratios depending on which gearset I choose.... 3.83, 4.11, or 4.38... I currently have the 4.38's in it but eventually I'll swap to most likely 3.83's for better street ability

And I'm not sure how many tires I've gone through to be honest, enough :lol: I usually made deals/trades and generally get tires for free lol

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Well she lives again, still have some loose ends to tie up like welding the exhaust back together, put coolant in it etc but it runs again

Comment

• :thumbsup:
              1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
              High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
              Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

• Chris, did you ditch the turbo?
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• For now yes, I need to get some trouble free drive time in it before I get so pissed off with it that I put it up for sale, I need some enjoyment out of it again

I'm not abandoning having a turbo on this thing, just taking a break from trying to get it running right

Comment

• I hear ya. Well, if you need a nice relaxing vacation then you know you can always winter here in AZ. Plenty of race shops hiring down here too.
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                      Plenty of race shops hiring down here too.

Don't say that...if I move again Will will kill me :nightmare:
                      If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                      Zulu Ministries

Comment

• bring Will. Problem Solved.

Comment

• Hehehe, easy for me since it's just me and the cats. Will? Maybe not so much due to the family thing LOL

WWZD
                          Zulu Ministries

Comment

• If we make a decoy Will and sit him at the welding bench with a shield on then it'll be weeks before they catch on that he's not in NC anymore. hahaha

Comment

• Ya I got the family thing to consider as well... Otherwise I'd probably already be in AZ lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                                If we make a decoy Will and sit him at the welding bench with a shield on then it'll be weeks before they catch on that he's not in NC anymore. hahaha

I like it!!!! :mrgreen:

WWZD
                                Zulu Ministries

Comment

Working...
                                X