No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those emblems aren't bad at all, I haven't spent much time looking for emblems since I've been focusing on gettin parts for the next project for hopefully this coming winter

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Had my first break down today, my water pump started leaking tonight so tomorrow I'll be changing that and if I end up having to pull the engine I'll be changing the clutch for a stronger one, the one currently in it is weak and doesn't like power shifting which sucks when I'm at the track

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• What did it run today at the track?
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• ^^I never did make it to the track, hopefully this coming weekend

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
            ^^I never did make it to the track, hopefully this coming weekend
            Ok , keep us posted when you do.
            -Greg
            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
            Redneck Engineer
            FOTY - '09
            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• I started yesterday at about 1:30pm, i pulled the engine, replaced the water pump and timing belt, and swapped out the clutch and had the engine back in the car and running by 9:30pm with taking little breaks here and there to cool down

man was i tired of working on it by the time i got done :lol: but i think this clutch is grabbing better then the other one so hopefully i should pull good numbers at the track this friday

Comment

• nice man! Lets see some track vids!
                89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• that must be alot of work to pull that motor...

did you put in a stock clutch or a better one?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                  1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                    that must be alot of work to pull that motor...

did you put in a stock clutch or a better one?
                    I basically need to take the front end of the car off and the headers, taking the intake off makes it a lot easier to reach everything, but I can have the engine out by myself in about an hour and 45 mins, but that's rushing :lol:

For the clutch I put in the centreforce dual friction clutch I was using in my B6T, just the clutch disk though, pressure plates are different, but luckily it's a centreforce pressure plate as well

Comment

• Timing belt broke last night thank god the KL's are non-interference!

Comment

• No doubt. I miss my old KL, sucks the car burnt in a house fire.
                        89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
                        My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

• Time for boost.... V6+T build

I miss the sounds of a turbo so here i go starting the turbo build

Due to space restrictions, i have to get creative as to where i can put an intercooler, there is absolutely no room in front of the engine at all for it so i have 2 options

1. run an intercooler on top of the engine like the Subaru's

or

2. build a custom intake with a water-to-air intercooler built inside the intake

either way, i will be building a custom intake to better re-locate the throttle body to help with space, if i go subaru style, the throttle body will be on the passenger side of the engine, and if i go with a water-to-air intercooler the throttle body will point at the firewall

In the midst of making a custom intake, i plan to make a custom fuel rail to be able to use top-feed injectors since i already have 6 - 460cc injectors

I also plan to get a megasquirt to run everything and hopefully run a coil-on-plug set-up as well

And for the engine, i'm planning to run the ZE heads on the DE block (better flowing heads w/lower compression) but other wise it'll be a stock engine

Here is how my festiva sits right now, with a blown tranny :lol: i took the intake off to measure hood clearance for the custom intake

And here is my spare engine, the KLDE with my B6T in the background

And i've taken my ZE intake to work to cut the flanges off as a base to start building the intake

Let the fun begin

Comment

• Very Nice!!! I am extremely familiar with the kl motor, and have supercharged, turbo
                            'ed, and twincharged mine, so if you would like any help or run into any issues let me know!

Just for starters, Are you planning on running MegaSquirt? If you just want to run fuel you will have to keep the VAF, which is no big deal, as I was probably at about 425whp going through the VAF......

John
                            93 Probe GT-Twincharged-11.992@115mph 10lbs
                            -11.940@111.66mph 14lbs(Slipping clutch)
                            123.7mph highest trap
                            95 Probe GT-RWD-4.8LS-Turbo in process-10.240@135.3mph, Turboed, 3300 race weight

Comment

• ^^Yes, i will be running a megasquirt, i want to eliminate the VAF just so there's less restrictions

And a guy at my work has a probe that'll run 11.20's but if i run into any questions i'll be sure to ask

Comment

• Does He own the PRM Probe? That car is a beast, beings as it's NA!!!!

and what I was meaning is that the VAF really isn't a restriction, it actually has pretty good volume, but most want it out of there cause 1 its an eye sore, 2 they think it will restict the airflow, which it might, but my car ran really damn good for still having it there...
                                Last edited by dueces; 10-19-2010, 04:09 PM.
                                93 Probe GT-Twincharged-11.992@115mph 10lbs
                                -11.940@111.66mph 14lbs(Slipping clutch)
                                123.7mph highest trap
                                95 Probe GT-RWD-4.8LS-Turbo in process-10.240@135.3mph, Turboed, 3300 race weight

Comment

Working...
                                X