Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today, on Pinks! Jay Leno vs Damkid!
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
      Today, on Pinks! Jay Leno vs Damkid!
      lol...
      LIVE FAST!!!!!!!DIE HARD!!!!!!!!:evil5::evil5::evil5::evil5:

Dustin Hayek

91.festy 1.8 BP DOHC AUTO.The turbo awaits!

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
        But sorry I won't be supercharging it, turbo all the way
        i like your attitude, and your buddys probe is sick! eBay sells kl headers and turbo manifold if you want to mess with those instead of making a set

Comment

• He is a welder so I don't thing making a manifold is going to be hard for him and he can put the turbo where he want it if he make is own manifold.

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

• The idea I have for piping I'll need to use the stock manifolds to save space, I'd prefer not to use the stock manifolds but you guys will see what I mean once I get there

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• stock logs have been proven to be more than sufficiant. Dan[sac] ran (or still runs) stock logs and has put down over 500whp, so you will be more than fine with stockers

John
              93 Probe GT-Twincharged-11.992@115mph 10lbs
              -11.940@111.66mph 14lbs(Slipping clutch)
              123.7mph highest trap
              95 Probe GT-RWD-4.8LS-Turbo in process-10.240@135.3mph, Turboed, 3300 race weight

Comment

• You could put the I/C under or behind your passenger seat and run tubing to it. And make a ice resivour to help cool it.

My 2¢

Comment

• im keeping my eye on this one, and didn't know he was a welder and didn't want to assume

Comment

• Originally posted by dueces View Post
                    stock logs have been proven to be more than sufficiant. Dan[sac] ran (or still runs) stock logs and has put down over 500whp, so you will be more than fine with stockers

John
                    Thats definately good to know, i'll still port the stock mani's while there off though :lol:

Originally posted by smokeshow View Post
                    You could put the I/C under or behind your passenger seat and run tubing to it. And make a ice resivour to help cool it.

My 2¢
                    If i was going to get into running piping all throughout the car, i'd probably be better doing a rear mount turbo, i like the idea of the "wow" factor when i open the hood and here's this V6 with a turbo sitting right beside it in the engine bay
                    Last edited by Damkid; 10-22-2010, 01:24 PM.

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• That is what i am going to do keep it under the hood. Love the look on people's faces when see the sweetness stuffed under the hood of a festiva.

Comment

• Could you fit a water to air in the engine bay, maybe behind the turbo? Short piping results in reduced spool, and WTA intercoolers are just bad ass!

John
                        93 Probe GT-Twincharged-11.992@115mph 10lbs
                        -11.940@111.66mph 14lbs(Slipping clutch)
                        123.7mph highest trap
                        95 Probe GT-RWD-4.8LS-Turbo in process-10.240@135.3mph, Turboed, 3300 race weight

Comment

Could you fit a water to air in the engine bay, maybe behind the turbo? Short piping results in reduced spool, and WTA intercoolers are just bad ass!

John
                          It also works alot better than the Subaru style intercoolers.

Look up how the Toyota Celica All-tracs and MR2 turbos are intercooled, that might benefit you better (air to water).
                          Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                          1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                          2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                          2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

• Chris, how about twin exhausts coming out of the cowl and up over the roof ending in twin rear turbos integrated into a huge aluminum wing over your hatch? LOTS of cooling potential there!

Plus...

FRIED RICE WITH DOUBLE EGG ROLLS!!

Karl

PS: Just funnin' ya dude! Great work; can't wait to see it!
                            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Could you fit a water to air in the engine bay, maybe behind the turbo? Short piping results in reduced spool, and WTA intercoolers are just bad ass!

John
                              With the stock intake off, there is tons of room above the rear valve cover for a water to air intercooler

Later today I'll be pulling the engine and disassembling the tranny to see what I broke

Comment

• couldnt you use somthing like this? just put it over in the side of the engine bay?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Working...
                                X