No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know this may sound ridiculous, but why not a roof-mounted intercooler in the rear of the car? It would allow for a much larger intercooler, and you could make a flush hatch to open when you needed it, like a backwards sunroof.
    Last edited by DriverOne; 10-25-2010, 06:43 PM.
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• I got a good plan to keep everything in the engine bay with keeping everything running efficiently, and hopefully still look clean :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• you can fit an intercooler in there NO problem... mine sits infront of the front frame rail and under/behind the bumper support.... let me get a pic for you... and the intercooler piping would fit fine too...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• can you mount the heat exchanger right to the front of the radiator? That could be an option
          93 Probe GT-Twincharged-11.992@115mph 10lbs
          -11.940@111.66mph 14lbs(Slipping clutch)
          123.7mph highest trap
          95 Probe GT-RWD-4.8LS-Turbo in process-10.240@135.3mph, Turboed, 3300 race weight

Comment

• Maybe you should buy something in this page to have more place behind the bumper

LOL

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

• ^^I will buy a body kit one day, whenever i get done upgrading the engine :lol:

Originally posted by dueces View Post
              can you mount the heat exchanger right to the front of the radiator? That could be an option
              Not without modifying the bumper, i want to keep a "stock" look, so there's lots of room for it in the passenger wheel well and i'll mount it so it gets lots of air flow

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Rear turbo would be a lot easier on your car. IMO. Works well too.
                -Greg
                Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                Redneck Engineer
                FOTY - '09
                5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                  Rear turbo would be a lot easier on your car. IMO. Works well too.
                  I totally agree Greg, but i like a challenge :lol:

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                    I totally agree Greg, but i like a challenge :lol:
                    Obviously. I'm gonna have to step up my game to keep up this time.
                    -Greg
                    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                    Redneck Engineer
                    FOTY - '09
                    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• ^^You got that right :evil4:

Comment

• I hate your car. It makes me want a V6 every time I see it. I keep looking at the B6T and thinking how it would be 1.5 times cooler with 2 more cylinders.
                        Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                        1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                        2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                        2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

• well i haven't had much chance to work on the festiva lately, but i've spent the last couple nights fixing my transmission, it is now re-assembled and ready for more abuse :lol:

Next i am going to get the engine/tranny bolted back into the festiva in prep for welding the piping together, i'm hoping to pick up the piping elbows this week to get started on it

I also just received a BP fuel rail today from Maxtiva, i plan to cut the fuel outlets (where the injectors mount to the fuel rail) off the BP fuel rail and use them to build my custom fuel rail

I also spent some time tearing down my DE engine so it's ready for the heads to come off, i plan to start building the piping off the DE block since its on the engine stand (much easier to work on that way)

so once the first part of the piping is done, i'll transfer that to my festiva to finish the mock-up of the pipes to make sure everything fits and finish the piping inside the festiva

Here's how my DE sits right now

I've also decided this is the intercooler i will be buying (thanks sasquatch for showing me this style of intercooler)

Comment

• Good luck with your new winter project Chris. I'm Glad I could help you with the fuel rail.

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

• that intercooler looks like it will work quite well... good pick

for the fuel rail why dont you get "fuel rail stock" and chop it to size and get a machine shop to drill the holes for the injectors... or i think you can buy the bit and drill them your self if you have a drill press or a very good eye lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• Sorry to sound like a noob, but a water to air intercooler runs off of a seperate water supply than the radiator/engine cooling system?

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
                                -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

Working...
                                X