No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what about using a 4" oval pipe for low clearance?

I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

• Never thought of oval pipe to be honest, but I honestly don't wanna redo all the piping again lol

I'm thinking to unbolt the brake booster and ad, say washers to the one side to angle the M/C away from the turbo, this will ad clearance for a multi-layered heat shield, that's the start of my idea but I'm sure I'll change the idea a bit before I'm done lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• don't even think about doing that, you'll torque the booster rod and you'll be putting accute stresses on the master piston assembly. taking the master off center of the booster is a BIG no no.

instead, take the filter off, pull the turbo forward and remote mount the filter via PVC or something cheap. that then allows more room for better shielding of the MC.
        Last edited by FestYboy; 07-04-2011, 09:26 PM.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
          I honestly don't wanna redo all the piping again
          I'm sure there's room for some give, I know how M/C's work, I'm not talking about turning it on a 45 degree angle or anything like that, and id angle the master and booster as one part together and of course I will double check my work to make sure my brakes are reliable and won't give me troubles
          Last edited by Damkid; 07-05-2011, 03:15 AM.

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Could I suggest trying a 90* mount for the master. An adapter bracket could be made easily with a pivot like you used for your clutch.
            Phil

Comment

• That thought has crossed my mind as well but I've actually come up with a different idea hence why I said.........

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
              that's the start of my idea but I'm sure I'll change the idea a bit before I'm done lol
              :lol: my second idea I think will be a trouble free issue, Im just going to double check a few things before I give details

Comment

• The oval stuff seems like a nice idea but , when you will arrive at the bends - that must be a PITA.

Comment

• they make oval bends
                  I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

• to pay for them, you bend over....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• Ok so i've decided to drill new mounting holes for the brake booster, i'm going to move it 1-2" towards the engine, i will also modify the brake pedal so the push rod stays paralell to the master to not cause any problems

So tonight i took my booster off but didn't have time to start drilling new holes

There's not a lot of room to move it over, but it's something

I'm debating on removing the bracket on the inside as well to modify it so i can move the mounting holes further over, but it's going to be a pain in the butt to do

Comment

• Booster delete. MUCH less work.

Comment

• Nah, i like power brakes

Comment

• just gear down...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• Chris, just an opinion; it would be much simpler and safer to move the turbo 2 inches forward...
                              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                              Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

• If delete the booster i think might not really notice the difference cuz so light.
                                My dad had a old ford truck that had manual brakes and i couldn't tell the difference from mine that has power brakes but that's me.

Comment

Working...
                                X